Worth applying with my stats? 3.75 and 162 LSAT.

Timmy23

Timmy23
  • Applicant

3.75 GPA, including the 6 lowest dropped. Seems like a pretty long shot based on the index score calculation, just wanted to get a second opinion on whether it’s worth applying. Did my undergrad at UVic and loved the school which is the only reason I’m really considering it because it seems like a reach.

stressedandtired
  • Law School Admit

chances are probably low. if I were you I'd consider retaking the lsat. if you can get up to 165+ you'd have a great shot.

lawfacade123
  • Law Student

https://www.uvic.ca/law/assets/docs/admissfinaid/LSAT-GPA Demographic Chart.pdf 

Have you seen this chart?

I know the 2021 cycle was incredibly competitive. This year might turn out more like 2020 (above). Many people got in with basically your combination of stats (given your 162 was 85th percentile or greater for that write).

CheeseToast
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, illuxx11 said:

chances are probably low. if I were you I'd consider retaking the lsat. if you can get up to 165+ you'd have a great shot.

They'd be a lock at 165+. OP you will probably get in but it may be a good idea to retake if you want a better sense of security and you don't have anything better to do.

Timmy23
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, lawfacade123 said:

https://www.uvic.ca/law/assets/docs/admissfinaid/LSAT-GPA Demographic Chart.pdf 

Have you seen this chart?

I know the 2021 cycle was incredibly competitive. This year might turn out more like 2020 (above). Many people got in with basically your combination of stats (given your 162 was 85th percentile or greater for that write).

Unfortunately my 162 was 82nd percentile, down from what it would typically be (85th). Still not exactly sure how that works given that the percentile is relative to LSATs from the last 3 years (?) which doesn’t seem to make much sense given that there have been 3 different versions of the LSAT over that span.

lawfacade123
  • Law Student
On 10/2/2021 at 2:19 AM, Timmy23 said:

Unfortunately my 162 was 82nd percentile, down from what it would typically be (85th). Still not exactly sure how that works given that the percentile is relative to LSATs from the last 3 years (?) which doesn’t seem to make much sense given that there have been 3 different versions of the LSAT over that span.

Ok I see. I mean, you'd be adjacent to a box where ten people were admitted. Worth applying, but I'd write again to feel more comfortable unfortunately. So sorry, it's a shame it's this difficult now. 😞

Timmy23
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, lawfacade123 said:

Ok I see. I mean, you'd be adjacent to a box where ten people were admitted. Worth applying, but I'd write again to feel more comfortable unfortunately. So sorry, it's a shame it's this difficult now. 😞

My stats are good enough as is where I'm very competitive at some of my other top choices (Queens, Western, Dal, Calgary), so I can't really bring myself to re-write. It is what it is I guess.

lawfacade123
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, Timmy23 said:

My stats are good enough as is where I'm very competitive at some of my other top choices (Queens, Western, Dal, Calgary), so I can't really bring myself to re-write. It is what it is I guess.

Beauty! I don't doubt you'll have other options. That's great that you're happy with them.

• Thanks 1