Bad CGPA good B2 average LSAT

شخص غريب

شخص غريب

Hey, 

Has anyone gotten accepted to USask with a good B2, bad cGPA (~3.0) and average LSAT (~158-ish) with not sask connections? Curious to know. Also, I would appreciate if you also post your stats.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
t3ctonics
  • Lawyer

Your cGPA shouldn't matter at all unless you have done your undergrad part-time. Best two years is usually all that's considered in assessing your transcripts. The only time cGPA is considered is where the applicant doesn't have two full-time years (defined as 24 or more credits across the regular term - i.e., excluding spring and summer sessions).

I was admitted to U of S law years ago (2013 grad), but the admission requirements haven't changed. I had a poor cGPA (also around 3.0, but I can't remember exactly) but my best two was about 3.8 and my LSAT was 164. I was accepted in March without being waitlisted and got an academic entrance scholarship. I believe the best two years average of accepted applicants has gone up a few percent since then but the average LSAT score has hovered around the same. 

I have strong Saskatchewan connections as I was born here and went to undergrad here, but that is a minor factor. From what I understand it's more like a tiebreaker than a requirement.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, t3ctonics said:

Your cGPA shouldn't matter at all unless you have done your undergrad part-time. Best two years is usually all that's considered in assessing your transcripts. The only time cGPA is considered is where the applicant doesn't have two full-time years (defined as 24 or more credits across the regular term - i.e., excluding spring and summer sessions).

I was admitted to U of S law years ago (2013 grad), but the admission requirements haven't changed. I had a poor cGPA (also around 3.0, but I can't remember exactly) but my best two was about 3.8 and my LSAT was 164. I was accepted in March without being waitlisted and got an academic entrance scholarship. I believe the best two years average of accepted applicants has gone up a few percent since then but the average LSAT score has hovered around the same. 

I have strong Saskatchewan connections as I was born here and went to undergrad here, but that is a minor factor. From what I understand it's more like a tiebreaker than a requirement.

What if you were part-time? How does that change things? 

• 2 weeks later...
Thrive92
  • Applicant
On 10/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, Linen said:

Hey, 

Has anyone gotten accepted to USask with a good B2, bad cGPA (~3.0) and average LSAT (~158-ish) with not sask connections? Curious to know. Also, I would appreciate if you also post your stats.

Thanks.

As long as your best 2 academic years involve at least 24 credits of courses between the fall and the spring semester (not summer), they do not care about your cgpa. I cannot really tell you your chances as I dont know your B2 gpa

On 10/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, RC51 said:

What if you were part-time? How does that change things? 

if an applicant does not have 24 credits in any academic year, then the cgpa is used.

JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit
On 11/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, legallybrunette said:

My cgpa was sub 3.0 and it was not an issue! Best of luck! 

Can I ask what ur stats were and if you had a connection to SASK pls?

I have a low cgpa but an A- in my L2 and a mid 150 lsat. Decent ECs and Reference letters. Do you think ive got a shot? I applied last year and didn't hear back 😞 

legallybrunette
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, lawyer3456 said:

Can I ask what ur stats were and if you had a connection to SASK pls?

I have a low cgpa but an A- in my L2 and a mid 150 lsat. Decent ECs and Reference letters. Do you think ive got a shot? I applied last year and didn't hear back 😞 

Is there any way you could raise your LSAT score? I think it would go a long way in helping you gaining admittance. That's really strange that you didn't hear back! I had a similar L2, no sask connection, but mid 160s LSAT. 

• Like 1

JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, legallybrunette said:

Is there any way you could raise your LSAT score? I think it would go a long way in helping you gaining admittance. That's really strange that you didn't hear back! I had a similar L2, no sask connection, but mid 160s LSAT. 

First of all , I love your name "legally brunette" is so smart haha 

I can try but I think at best id get high 150s. Do you think I should still apply this year?