TRU application status letter grade?

Patient0L

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Just checked my TRU application status. On my list of required documents, my undergrad institution has what looks like a letter grade just like this next to it in parentheses(A-). Does anyone know what this means? Does that mean that this is their assessment of my cGPA?

Thanks in advance! 

Thrive92
  • Applicant

It is likely that the letter grade is the assessment of your gpa, as the same method was used last cycle.

Keep in mind that TRU law only looks at your last 20 courses and not your cgpa.

May I ask what is the gpa of your last 20 courses number - wise? Is it below 3.66 by any chance? does the university that you completed your undergrad in have a 4.33 gpa scale?

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Thanks for the explanation!

No idea about the GPA of my last 20 courses but my overall is 3.65 - 3.67 depending on who is calculating (LSAC or my undergrad)

My grades were pretty much consistent throughout, with the exception of a not-so-great semester abroad.

I guess it could have gone either way B+/A- … fingers crossed UBC puts me in this side of the line!

• 2 months later...
kevinmcallister
  • Applicant

@bsketch I know you posted a while ago, but do you remember how long after they received your transcripts did they post a letter grade?

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Hmmm… a couple of weeks maybe?

I definitely didn’t see much of anything until my whole file was complete with references, etc.

• Like 1