Still Waiting?

0KDON4

50 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

Hey I am just wondering how long will it take osgoode to report on applications? Can they take until August or so? I am just wondering because its one of 3 schools I am still waiting for

Are you in elsewhere?

RodentBlast
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, luckycharm said:

When did you get your 17X?

is your 3.7X per OLSAS?

Are you in elsewhere?

Yes, one school in ON. Rejected from the other school (Toronto) I applied and waiting for Os. 

RodentBlast
  • Applicant
On 6/18/2021 at 7:02 AM, Squirtle said:

In the same boat. I emailed them demanding an update.

Did they respond with anything helpful or just the same canned answer they give everyone?

1 hour ago, RodentBlast said:

Yes, one school in ON. Rejected from the other school (Toronto) I applied and waiting for Os. 

Well, you don't have to wait any longer for Ontario schools after July1. Unless you changed your mind.

Hard to believe you are still waiting for Ottawa with 17X and 3.7X 

RodentBlast
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Well, you don't have to wait any longer for Ontario schools after July1. Unless you changed your mind.

Hard to believe you are still waiting for Ottawa with 17X and 3.7X 

Only waiting for OS. Didn’t apply Ottawa.

5 hours ago, RodentBlast said:

Only waiting for OS. Didn’t apply Ottawa.

When did you get the 17X?

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
32 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

When did you get the 17X?

Side question - does an LSAT taken, say, 4 years ago have less "weight" than a more recent one?  I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong.

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Are you in elsewhere?

No I am waiting for Ottawa, Osgoode and Windsor 

5 hours ago, dimsum1 said:

Side question - does an LSAT taken, say, 4 years ago have less "weight" than a more recent one?  I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong.

How long ago has no impact as long as it was within the period allowed.

I want to know if it was taken in Jan 2021 or Feb 2021.

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit

Checking in with my mature student 3.04 GPA and 173 LSAT to say that I am still waiting. Like I said on the old forums, I'm mentally rewriting my personal statements for next time, not expecting any good news at this stage. Also waiting on Queen's and Ottawa. 

1 minute ago, Totally_Bucked said:

Checking in with my mature student 3.04 GPA and 173 LSAT to say that I am still waiting. Like I said on the old forums, I'm mentally rewriting my personal statements for next time, not expecting any good news at this stage. Also waiting on Queen's and Ottawa. 

Your B2? Any reasons for 3.04 GPA?

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, luckycharm said:

Your B2? Any reasons for 3.04 GPA?

B2 are about the same, reasons are undiagnosed (and therefore untreated) ADHD (which is now treated and dealt with, documentation provided) and CAF service while studying. CAF service since, couple of overseas deployments, couple of domestic deployments with disaster relief. 

B2 are about the same, reasons are undiagnosed (and therefore untreated) ADHD (which is now treated and dealt with, documentation provided) and CAF service while studying. CAF service since, couple of overseas deployments, couple of domestic deployments with disaster relief. 

Did you PM me before on the old forum?

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, luckycharm said:

Did you PM me before on the old forum?

I sure did, it's been a long wait for no news. I figure that the huge number of applicants makes this a strange cycle, my stats make me seem like an academic gamble, so I understand why some admissions committees would be hesitant to give me a spot when there are plenty of 3.75/165 people out there who also applied.  

I sure did, it's been a long wait for no news. I figure that the huge number of applicants makes this a strange cycle, my stats make me seem like an academic gamble, so I understand why some admissions committees would be hesitant to give me a spot when there are plenty of 3.75/165 people out there who also applied.  

I think your military experience are unique. 173 is a really outstanding. I think your chance with Queens is good and Ottawa is possible.

Are you waitlisted by both?

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
Just now, luckycharm said:

I think your military experience are unique. 173 is a really outstanding. I think your chance with Queens is good and Ottawa is possible.

Are you waitlisted by both?

I'm not waitlisted anywhere, just pending/awaiting decision/in the queue, hence my pessimism. 

I'm not waitlisted anywhere, just pending/awaiting decision/in the queue, hence my pessimism. 

Don't be. I didn't get in the first cycle. PM me if you get waitlisted

• Thanks 1

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
Just now, luckycharm said:

Don't be. I didn't get in the first cycle. PM me if you get waitlisted

I'm pessimistic about my chances for this fall, but that doesn't mean this is my last kick at the can. I'll let you know how it goes, one way or the other. Thanks for the support.

I'm pessimistic about my chances for this fall, but that doesn't mean this is my last kick at the can. I'll let you know how it goes, one way or the other. Thanks for the support.

Thanks for your service

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

Thanks for your service

One last point.

Can you get to either school with one week's notice?

Byakkosan
  • Law Student

Still waiting to hear back too. It might be their way of dealing with over-enrolment/not enough seats so they're waiting till last minute to tell people. 

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, luckycharm said:

One last point.

Can you get to either school with one week's notice?

If there is one thing the military has prepared me for, it's huge last minute changes to plans that were otherwise set in stone. I could make it work.

EDIT: Just kidding, received a no from Osgoode this morning. Thanks for coming on this ride for me everybody.

Edited by Totally_Bucked
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Totally_Bucked said:

If there is one thing the military has prepared me for, it's huge last minute changes to plans that were otherwise set in stone. I could make it work.

EDIT: Just kidding, received a no from Osgoode this morning. Thanks for coming on this ride for me everybody.

Still waiting for Ottawa and Queens?  Hang in there.

Edited by luckycharm
  • Thanks 1