Early Application for TRU

iwannagetaccepted1234

iwannagetaccepted1234
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone 

I am confused because the TRU law website says to submit your application by November 1 for early admission, but then it also says they will not consider you for admission until your fall term grades are posted. Does this mean you can still be considered for early admission if you are finishing up your last year of your undergrad, and do we still submit our other info by Nov 1 and just not include a transcript? Or do we submit a transcript of our other terms? 

Thank you

Thrive92
  • Applicant

The application deadline for early admission would be for those who have finished their undergraduate studies prior to the fall semester of the year that you are applying.

In other words, if you are still continuing your studies during the fall semester, you will not be eligible for early admission as they require your fall grades in order to make a decision. If you had completed your studies prior to the fall semester (or not taking any courses during the fall semester and completing your studies during the spring semester), you may be eligible for this early admission.

• 2 weeks later...
amw26
  • Law Student
On 10/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, Thrive92 said:

The application deadline for early admission would be for those who have finished their undergraduate studies prior to the fall semester of the year that you are applying.

In other words, if you are still continuing your studies during the fall semester, you will not be eligible for early admission as they require your fall grades in order to make a decision. If you had completed your studies prior to the fall semester (or not taking any courses during the fall semester and completing your studies during the spring semester), you may be eligible for this early admission.

Any idea when early admission offers go out for those whose applications were complete by Nov 1?

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, amw26 said:

Any idea when early admission offers go out for those whose applications were complete by Nov 1?

From the admissions data (found on this site) in 2018 acceptances started close to the 3rd week in November, and in 2019 they started close to the 2nd week of December. So hopefully the wait this year is not so bad either! Also, where do you see the letter grade associated with your GPA? On mytru account it just says, "Checklist item complete" next to the requirement, "Post-Secondary Transcript". Thanks in advance!

amw26
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

From the admissions data (found on this site) in 2018 acceptances started close to the 3rd week in November, and in 2019 they started close to the 2nd week of December. So hopefully the wait this year is not so bad either! Also, where do you see the letter grade associated with your GPA? On mytru account it just says, "Checklist item complete" next to the requirement, "Post-Secondary Transcript". Thanks in advance!

My letter grade is in brackets next to my institution name in the "Notes" column of the Post-Secondary Transcript requirement. 

• Thanks 1

JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit

I already graduated but if I was to apply now, would I still be considered for early admissions? How would it work now?

Thrive92
  • Applicant
9 minutes ago, JudgingJudy said:

I already graduated but if I was to apply now, would I still be considered for early admissions? How would it work now?

Unfortunately no. The deadline for early admissions was November 1st.

I dont think it matters too much though, as TRU has a rolling admissions policy -- the earlier you apply with competitive stats, the more likely you will be accepted earlier than those who apply with similar stats later on

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
amw26
  • Law Student

Anyone else's file now at "Pending Decision"? How long does it usually take for them to make a decision? (based on previous experience)

cautiously_optimistic
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, amw26 said:

Anyone else's file now at "Pending Decision"? How long does it usually take for them to make a decision? (based on previous experience)

Mine changed this morning as well, I'm embarrassed to admit how frequently I check for changes haha. I imagine the decision process will be a little longer than usual this year, and I believe there is a post in another topic that said first round offers would go out in late January. 

amw26
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, cautiously_optimistic said:

Mine changed this morning as well, I'm embarrassed to admit how frequently I check for changes haha. I imagine the decision process will be a little longer than usual this year, and I believe there is a post in another topic that said first round offers would go out in late January. 

I check way too often lol When I spoke with admissions last week they told me offers for early admission will go out Late November/Early December so who knows. 

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, cautiously_optimistic said:

If you don’t mind me asking when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on Oct 21 and constantly nervous! Thank you!

cautiously_optimistic
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, amw26 said:

I check way too often lol When I spoke with admissions last week they told me offers for early admission will go out Late November/Early December so who knows. 

I really hope your timeline is more accurate haha, I'm far too impatient to wait until January...best of luck! 

1 hour ago, Lawdreamer860 said:

If you don’t mind me asking when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on Oct 21 and constantly nervous! Thank you!

I absolutely understand, I've been an unhealthy mix of nervous and impatient since applying haha. I started my application Oct. 6 and the last of my documents were received by late October. Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amw26 said:

my application wasn't ready for Early Admissions, but last year mine was (finally) complete on March 9 and I was accepted on April 9. 

• Like 1

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
21 hours ago, cautiously_optimistic said:

I really hope your timeline is more accurate haha, I'm far too impatient to wait until January...best of luck! 

I absolutely understand, I've been an unhealthy mix of nervous and impatient since applying haha. I started my application Oct. 6 and the last of my documents were received by late October. Good luck!

Thank you so much!! Mine changed to “pending decision today” eeeep!! Good luck everyone may good things come to us all 🙂 (hopefully pls I pray)