Confirmation of Application Missing

babylawyer

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone, I have applied to 5 law schools and have heard back from 4 of them saying they received my application, but nothing yet from Osgoode. I sent in my applications three weeks ago now. Is this normal or should I follow up? I know OLSAS says to wait 3-4 weeks and I'm now in this window, and am worried about the Nov. 1 deadline, but also don't want to be annoying. Also I should note that my application isn't complete yet (OLSAS hasn't processed my transcript and I'm still waiting on my referees to get it together) however the other schools acknowledged my app anyway without these components, is it different for York? TIA.

StephenToast
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, babylawyer said:

Hi everyone, I have applied to 5 law schools and have heard back from 4 of them saying they received my application, but nothing yet from Osgoode. I sent in my applications three weeks ago now. Is this normal or should I follow up? I know OLSAS says to wait 3-4 weeks and I'm now in this window, and am worried about the Nov. 1 deadline, but also don't want to be annoying. Also I should note that my application isn't complete yet (OLSAS hasn't processed my transcript and I'm still waiting on my referees to get it together) however the other schools acknowledged my app anyway without these components, is it different for York? TIA.

You may want to check if the 3-4 weeks range is from the date of your application submission, or the application deadline. I submitted my application last year early October and only received my confirmation on Nov 20.

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, StephenToast said:

You may want to check if the 3-4 weeks range is from the date of your application submission, or the application deadline. I submitted my application last year early October and only received my confirmation on Nov 20.

This is really helpful, thank you!

• Like 1

Archibald123
  • Law School Admit

What other schools did you apply to, if you don't mind me asking? Kind of in the same boat, only that in my case only 2/5 (Ryerson and UofT) acknowledged my application 

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, Archibald123 said:

What other schools did you apply to, if you don't mind me asking? Kind of in the same boat, only that in my case only 2/5 (Ryerson and UofT) acknowledged my application 

I also got acknowledgment from Ryerson and UofT, as well as Dal and UVic. Glad to know someone else is in the same boat!

This is normal. I'm actually surprised OLSAS has sent out application materials so early. But, I recall when I applied I didn't get a confirmation from Osgoode until towards the end of November. 

• 3 weeks later...
aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student

I applied around October 15 and didn't get my Osgoode confirmation until yesterday! UofT and Lincoln Alexander had sent me confirmation emails the very next day.