Renerik

Renerik
  • Law Student

Please post your acceptances and stats below using the following

Acceptance date:

TRU grade

L2 GPA:

Highest LSAT score:

Note: for the sake of posterity, please include the grade TRU assigns you when you submit your application. At a minimum, please specify the GPA scale (OLSAS, AGPA, /4.3, etc.) relevant to your L2 GPA. 

-----

I've gone ahead and crawled through a few .txt archives of LS.ca and compiled the 2021 TRU acceptances into a chart. This data might not be complete, I can only find information for acceptances until April of 2021. It's possible that no-one has been accepted past that point but this seems unlikely.

image.png.2733e0424d850192bc9a1bf577e8fd92.png

Of those accepted, 5 self-identified as having applied through the access category, 5 declined their offers, and only two applicants scored above a 170 LSAT (174, A-; 173, B) however comments by others in the thread indicate that one of those posters might be suspect. I could not verify those claims because relevant threads were not archived.

Some of the posters suspect that TRU rounds up the grade you're assigned. The data suggests this could be correct. Many applicants with an L2 of 3.4 were assigned a TRU grade of A- and many with an L2 of 3.7X were assigned an A. This was not the case for all posters however. I suspect the data collected is inflated given this generous rounding. Future applicants should not be discouraged because their GPA doesn't meet the traditional cut-offs for the A- acceptance average. Many of the accepted students did not include their TRU assigned grade, but L2 gpa instead. I assigned them letter grades based off of other accepted students who posted L2s and TRU assigned grades.

Spreadsheet with acceptance dates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G66vZoKn56hNhqvvx4fnTJrgfz4P8wXGvg1ooDeueSY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Renerik
I'm dumb and make typos.
  • Like 3

Reanada
  • Law Student

Acceptance date: April 1st (Applied Feb 10th)

TRU Grade: A- 

L2 GPA: 3.7/4 (OLSAC)

Highest LSAT: 163

Edited by Reanada
Typo
  • Like 1

norms
  • Law Student

Acceptance date: January 21st, 2021

TRU grade: A-

L2 GPA: 3.5

Highest LSAT score: 161

• Like 1

wallsunflower
  • Law Student

Acceptance date: March 26, 2021

TRU grade: A-

LSAT: 160

Edited by wallsunflower
  • Like 1

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student

Acceptance date: March 26 

TRU Grade: B+ 

LSAT: 166

L2: ~3.1-3.2

• Like 1

Thrive92
  • Applicant

Keep in mind everyone: TRU Law does not include the grades you may have completed from January to August of 2020. Perhaps thats why there is a discrepancy between TRU letter grade and the L2 GPA?

• Thanks 2

Renerik
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

Keep in mind everyone: TRU Law does not include the grades you may have completed from January to August of 2020. Perhaps thats why there is a discrepancy between TRU letter grade and the L2 GPA

This was my first thought as well but some applicants who had graduated the year prior reported the same thing. I'm no GPA wizard but someone posted their last 20 grades on another acceptance I'm currently working on and no matter how you add it up, they were assigned a grade by TRU that is rounded up. I would have added usernames and further information to the spreadsheet to make this easier to verify however LS.ca was taken off of the wayback machine, making me think Morgan wants some of the personal data to disappear from the internet.

• Thanks 1

pickme101
  • Law Student

Accepted: April 1st 

TRU Grade: wasn't given one as I had 2 bachelor degrees, not sure how they were calculated. I think probably an A based on L20/B20 I calculated. 

LSAT: 154

• Like 1