Chances? access category: cgpa 2.7, L2: 3.75, LSAT 168

randomguy314

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit

Had some serious health concerns develop in my 3rd year of university (where my gpa was 2.3). 

Switched schools and degrees (with transfer credits) and scored 3.75 so far with this current semester and the next one left until I graduate in philosophy. 

My CGPA is still super low since it includes both degrees, but my L2/B2 are pretty good. I provided medical documentation of course. 

What do we think? 

• 2 weeks later...
Queens23
  • Law Student
On 10/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, randomguy314 said:

Had some serious health concerns develop in my 3rd year of university (where my gpa was 2.3). 

Switched schools and degrees (with transfer credits) and scored 3.75 so far with this current semester and the next one left until I graduate in philosophy. 

My CGPA is still super low since it includes both degrees, but my L2/B2 are pretty good. I provided medical documentation of course. 

What do we think? 

With a B2/L2 of 3.75 and a 168 LSAT your chances are pretty good. You should get into a few places. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, randomguy314 said:

What do we think? 

Queen's used to order files by average LSAT score and CGPA (not sure if they still do the same) although they admit applicants with their highest LSAT score and B2.

If they are still doing that, by the time they reach your file most likely it is either very late or even at the end of the cycle.

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit
9 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

Queen's used to order files by average LSAT score and CGPA (not sure if they still do the same) although they admit applicants with their highest LSAT score and B2.

If they are still doing that, by the time they reach your file most likely it is either very late or even at the end of the cycle.

What’s your source for this? It seems a bit dumb on their part if they do it like this 

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
16 minutes ago, brokenegg said:

What’s your source for this? It seems a bit dumb on their part if they do it like this 

Yes, they used to do that (or maybe still do?). A 3.4 cGPA was considered the competitive cutoff.

How is it dumb? Getting a good cGPA is a lot more difficult than getting a good Best 2 years GPA (not even Last 2 years). By organizing files by average LSAT score and cGPA, they ensured that they prioritized the more academically excellent applicants first. 

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Darth Vader said:

Yes, they used to do that (or maybe still do?). A 3.4 cGPA was considered the competitive cutoff.

How is it dumb? Getting a good cGPA is a lot more difficult than getting a good Best 2 years GPA (not even Last 2 years). By organizing files by average LSAT score and cGPA, they ensured that they prioritized the more academically excellent applicants first. 

I’m wondering if it was posted on their site or something? 

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
1 minute ago, brokenegg said:

I’m wondering if it was posted on their site or something? 

Yes, it was when I applied a few years ago. It's not there anymore. 

• 5 weeks later...
bluebean
  • Law Student

I got in last year with a 2.7 cGPA, 3.8 B2, 164 LSAT. It was later in the cycle so don't panic if you don't get an admit in the next couple months. You have a very good chance of getting in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
KAY
  • Applicant
On 12/5/2021 at 4:59 AM, samii said:

I got in last year with a 2.7 cGPA, 3.8 B2, 164 LSAT. It was later in the cycle so don't panic if you don't get an admit in the next couple months. You have a very good chance of getting in!

Did you also apply through access?

• 3 months later...
ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
On 12/5/2021 at 4:59 AM, samii said:

How late in the cycle did you get accepted if you don't mind me asking?