Chance me ? special considerations: cgpa 2.7 , L2: 3.75 , LSAT 168

randomguy314

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit

Had some serious health concerns develop in my 3rd year of university (where my gpa was 2.3). 

Switched schools and degrees (with transfer credits) and scored 3.75 so far with this current semester and the next one left until I graduate in philosophy. 

My CGPA is still super low since it includes both degrees, but my L2/B2 are pretty good. I provided medical documentation of course. 

Do I stand a chance?

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student

depends on what your lsat is, and how strong the other parts of your application is. There's not much to go off than the medical documentation and your gpa

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
17 minutes ago, Peshmerga said:

depends on what your lsat is, and how strong the other parts of your application is. There's not much to go off than the medical documentation and your gpa

I have a feeling it’s a 168. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Nom! 2

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Your intuition is both strong, and correct.

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student
On 10/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, BlockedQuebecois said:

was submitting apps just before, as you can tell the application cycle treated me well 😅

• 3 weeks later...
PlayALawyerOnTV
  • Law Student

Osgoode's admission process is (theoretically) holistic, which can lead to some wonky results. 

With medical documentation for the low GPA in your 3rd year, the upswing in your GPA once your medical issues were sorted, and the good LSAT score I'd think your odds are pretty good.

Osgoode is not "theoretically holistic", they are holistic. That said, many people assume this means they just accept everyone, which isn't what holistic means. Osgoode considers all factors, but that does not mean they don't favour stronger stats. 

That all said, OP I think your chances are very low at being admitted. Sure there's a chance but that chance is slim. 

Edited by Apple
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
On 11/17/2021 at 9:10 AM, Apple said:

Osgoode is not "theoretically holistic", they are holistic. That said, many people assume this means they just accept everyone, which isn't what holistic means. Osgoode considers all factors, but that does not mean they don't favour stronger stats. 

That all said, OP I think your chances are very low at being admitted. Sure there's a chance but that chance is slim. 

I agree with the first half, but not the second.

A lot of people think being holistic and having academic standards are mutually exclusive. Which is obviously not true.

Your stats are pretty good OP. "Very low" is a little harsh. If you wrote a strong personal statement and a compelling addendum (which you have documentation for) I don't think you're chances are that bad.

• Thanks 1