Is TRU still rounding up grades?

RickyJulian

RickyJulian
  • Applicant

From the accepted thread of last year it appears individuals who were in between letter grades were rounded up. For example, someone with a 3.5 or 3.6 were given an A- status. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I am currently at a 3.77/4.33 on L20, would I be assigned an A status or A-? Is there anyone from last years admissions- who were above an A-(3.67) but below an A(4.0) and given an A status- that can chime in? 

Thanks

Edited by RickyJulian

RickyJulian
  • Applicant

Got in touch with admissions and they said yes they are still rounding up letter grades when it makes sense to do so, however, they said the letter grade posted doesn’t have any significance. The calculated GPA is what matters most so if you have a 3.7 GPA and were given an A letter grade status, the letter grade A doesn't matter but your 3.7 is what counts. They said last years stats were:

3.67GPA

LSAT: 160

• Like 1

Thrive92
  • Applicant
On 10/28/2021 at 3:51 PM, RickyJulian said:

Got in touch with admissions and they said yes they are still rounding up letter grades when it makes sense to do so, however, they said the letter grade posted doesn’t have any significance. The calculated GPA is what matters most so if you have a 3.7 GPA and were given an A letter grade status, the letter grade A doesn't matter but your 3.7 is what counts. They said last years stats were:

3.67GPA

LSAT: 160

Wait, so they told you the average stats for last year was 3.67GPA and 160 LSAT when you contacted admissions?

Thank you for the information by the way.

Edited by Thrive92

amw26
  • Law Student
On 10/29/2021 at 8:35 PM, Thrive92 said:

Wait, so they told you the average stats for last year was 3.67GPA and 160 LSAT when you contacted admissions?

Thank you for the information by the way.

Oh! That makes me feel better lol My L20 GPA is 3.85/4.33 (I was assigned an A) and my LSAT is 160. Does anyone know when the first round of offers usually goes out?

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, RickyJulian said:

@amw26They told me over the phone first round offers go out at the end of January 

@RandyBoBandy Love the username, do you have assistant weekend supervisor listed on your resume?

Is that even a question hahah, of course I do. And your name is not so bad yourself 😉

RickyJulian
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Is that even a question hahah, of course I do. And your name is not so bad yourself 😉

That’s awesome, will need to retain my greasy lawyer Steinburg if we both get into TRU. Anyways, best of luck! Frigg off! 

• LOL 1