36 minutes ago, Potentiallawstudent said:

Why is July 1st important ? :-S 

Mercury is in retrograde

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

PacificOcean
12 hours ago, Potentiallawstudent said:

July 1st is when provisionally accepted offers become firm, losing the chance of being accepted elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

1 hour ago, PacificOcean said:

July 1st is when provisionally accepted offers become firm, losing the chance of being accepted elsewhere.

For Ontario school only

LMP
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, Potentiallawstudent said:

On July 1st all provisional acceptances become firm. 

As it stands now there are some applicants who have provisionally accepted Osgoode's offer, meaning they may or may not firmly accept. 

If Osgoode assumes that these people won't accept their offer and send a out acceptances to people on the wait list, they risk over admitting.

Instead they wait until July 1st, after which time they will know exactly how many people have firmly accepted and from there they can fill any gaps with wait list spots.

• Like 3

RodentBlast
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, LMP said:

On July 1st all provisional acceptances become firm. 

As it stands now there are some applicants who have provisionally accepted Osgoode's offer, meaning they may or may not firmly accept. 

If Osgoode assumes that these people won't accept their offer and send a out acceptances to people on the wait list, they risk over admitting.

Instead they wait until July 1st, after which time they will know exactly how many people have firmly accepted and from there they can fill any gaps with wait list spots.

That being said, an applicant who has not yet been waitlisted by July 1, would typically have no chance of being accepted to Osgoode ?

LMP
  • Law Student
9 minutes ago, RodentBlast said:

That being said, an applicant who has not yet been waitlisted by July 1, would typically have no chance of being accepted to Osgoode ?

Yes, I'd imagine they would primarily be pulling applicants from the existing wait list or from the priority wait list they supposedly draw up. But as for those who have heard nothing so far, I can't say. I don't even understand why there's been that radio silence. 

• Like 1

PacificOcean
24 minutes ago, LMP said:

Yes, I'd imagine they would primarily be pulling applicants from the existing wait list or from the priority wait list they supposedly draw up. But as for those who have heard nothing so far, I can't say. I don't even understand why there's been that radio silence. 

Agreed. Tbh the waitlist almost seems pointless considering that many of those still not on the waitlist are getting acceptances. It's really a coin toss this year.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you have provisionally accepted another school and it becomes firm July 1st, are you no longer considered for Osgoode? I’m on the wait list and I still want to be considered but I have also provisionally accepted Queen’s

• Like 1

PacificOcean
1 minute ago, Rach123 said:

Does anyone know if you have provisionally accepted another school and it becomes firm July 1st, are you no longer considered for Osgoode? I’m on the wait list and I still want to be considered but I have also provisionally accepted Queen’s

if you provisionally accepted somewhere, you will no longer be considered elsewhere after July 1st (in Ontario)

• Like 1

RodentBlast
  • Applicant

Do all applicants typically receive either an acceptance, WL or rejection by July 1? Or is not receiving an acceptance or WL by July 1 Osgoode’s way of effectively rejecting candidates. 

Squirtle
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, RodentBlast said:

Do all applicants typically receive either an acceptance, WL or rejection by July 1? Or is not receiving an acceptance or WL by July 1 Osgoode’s way of effectively rejecting candidates. 

I will pay one million dollars to get this question answered. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RodentBlast said:

Hard to say.  There are those who were accepted without going through wait list process even after a wait list was generated. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Squirtle said:

I will pay one million dollars to get this question answered. 

If someone already provisionally accepted an Ontario offer then their offer will become firm and their application to all other Ontario will be dropped.

I don't see any impact to those who are still waiting after July 1 except the wait list will be shorter..

• Like 1

RodentBlast
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, luckycharm said:

If someone already provisionally accepted an Ontario offer then their offer will become firm and their application to all other Ontario will be dropped.

I don't see any impact to those who are still waiting after July 1 except the wait list will be shorter..

Given that, seems like only those on WL would have a chance of getting in after July 1 as those provisionally accepted elsewhere prior to 07/01 would go firm and be removed from consideration at Osgoode. 

4 hours ago, RodentBlast said:

Given that, seems like only those on WL would have a chance of getting in after July 1 as those provisionally accepted elsewhere prior to 07/01 would go firm and be removed from consideration at Osgoode. 

Better chance only if someone who have firm/provisionally  accepted but changed their mind.

However, there may be a few who have an offer from outside Ontario before or after July 1 and decided to go with the non-Ontario school but didn't bother to let the Ontario school knows. That may be one of the reason why some offers are as late as first week of class.  

There are a few who have already firm accepted a non-Ontario school but didn't bother to remove themselves from the wait list.  This is very inconsiderate to those who are still waiting anxiously. 

prelawfemme
On 6/18/2021 at 10:32 PM, Potentiallawstudent said:

That's when any Ontario law offer that has been accepted provisionally, becomes firm. 

On 6/19/2021 at 9:28 PM, Rach123 said:

Ontario schools only

syd_law99
  • Applicant
On 6/8/2021 at 4:31 PM, luckycharm said:

You should be good for Queens

You can still wait after July 1.

Im in a similar situation- provisionally accepted to Windsor but waitlisted to Osgoode and Western... will I be staying on the waitlists for those schools come July 1st? 

syd_law99
  • Applicant
On 6/19/2021 at 9:31 PM, PacificOcean said:

if you provisionally accepted somewhere, you will no longer be considered elsewhere after July 1st (in Ontario)

Is there any way to stay on the waitlists? Even if it means losing your deposit? 

41 minutes ago, syd_law99 said:

Is there any way to stay on the waitlists? Even if it means losing your deposit? 

rescind your provisional acceptance ?

Edited by luckycharm

syd_law99
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

rescind your provisional acceptance ?

So its between taking my one acceptence away and staying on the two waitlists or just accepting the one school i got into? seems wild!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, syd_law99 said:

So its between taking my one acceptence away and staying on the two waitlists or just accepting the one school i got into? seems wild!! 

Why? 

You have an offer but there are many still waiting with sleepless nights....

syd_law99
  • Applicant
Just now, luckycharm said:

Why? 

You have an offer but there are many still waiting with sleepless nights....

I have been waitlisted to my top schools, so i wanted to stay on these waitlists. 

Just now, syd_law99 said:

I have been waitlisted to my top schools, so i wanted to stay on these waitlists. 

You have to risk not getting in any where if you want to wait beyond July 1 in Ontario.