Clerkship Interviews 2022

Pupper111

Kid Presentable

I haven't heard anything negative about having a practitioner as a reference. In fact, I've heard from others that they've been encouraged to drop a so-so professor reference for a good practitioner reference.

• 4 weeks later...
BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
Just now, whatlikeitshard said:

Is the process shortened this year? Seems like its faster. 

No, the timelines look the same at most courts. 

whatlikeitshard
  • Lawyer

On the new form, does anyone know what "Past/Future Clerkship" means? I assume it means at another court but just wanted to verify 

Kid Presentable
1 hour ago, whatlikeitshard said:

On the new form, does anyone know what "Past/Future Clerkship" means? I assume it means at another court but just wanted to verify 

That's how I interpreted it as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
notnotadog
  • Lawyer

Ready to get hurt again.

Does anyone remember when the ONCA/SCC interviews came out last year? I know I wrote it down somewhere but I don't remember where. 

cpsklrz
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, BlushAndTheBar said:

Applied just to face rejection one last time 🌟❤️

Painfully relatable 🥲 hoping for the best, expecting the worst

• Like 1

CommeCiCommeCa
  • Articling Student

I also applied for FCC/FCA, wishing everyone luck throughout the process! Anyone know when invites for interviews usually start to go out? 

• Like 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
7 hours ago, CommeCiCommeCa said:

I also applied for FCC/FCA, wishing everyone luck throughout the process! Anyone know when invites for interviews usually start to go out? 

@QMT20 said anywhere between a week of notice and three days for the FCA here: 

I imagine the FC would be similar, seeing as it is another judge-driven recruit. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CommeCiCommeCa said:

The judges at the FCA interview candidates individually so it's a different process from some other courts which release all their interviews on the same day. 

In the past invites have started going out around this time (Jan 20-25) and continued going out until at least mid-February. 

For FC, I've known people who received interviews as late as April. 

Edited by QMT20
  • Thanks 5

whatlikeitshard
  • Lawyer

I was going to say it's helpful to check the last years forum for timelines, but I think they are gone now. I can confirm that SCC last year went out Feb 9 for March 2 interviews. So that was about 3 weeks ahead of time. I believe the interviews are in last week of Feb this year. 

• Like 1

wonderegg
  • Law Student

Does the BCSC and the BCCA make their decisions for the 1st round of interviews together, regardless of your stated preference?

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

To all of the people who applied to the FCA, what were your grades and CV experience like? Trying to guage my chances in the future.

ultravires
  • Law Student

For those of you who also got a BCCA interview, could you share your grades and CV experience? A friend of mine is also interested in his future chances. Can also PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Edited by ultravires