Jump to content

Accepted without Degree


Linen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Has anyone gotten accepted to USask without a completed undergraduate degree? In other words, with only 2-3 years of undergrad studies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 11:00 PM, legallybrunette said:

I do know of some people that have been admitted without having finished their undergrad. 

Do you know whether they had exceptional (so to speak) stats, or were they similar to other applicants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybemaybe
  • Applicant

not in law school but I think generally usask is a little more open towards students without degrees! I've seen a handful of people with 2-3 years of undergrad in law school there as compared to other schools. I think in general if schools do not specifically say they rarely admit students without degrees, you may not need exceptionally high stats

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
legallybrunette
  • Law Student
On 11/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Linen said:

Do you know whether they had exceptional (so to speak) stats, or were they similar to other applicants?

Definitely on the higher end of the stats range! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
typicallawusername
  • Law Student

Currently in 3L and was accepted with 2 years of a degree. I will let you be the judge of my stats - I got accepted and blocked out the whole application process 

LSAT - 157 

GPA - 85%

Sask Connection - strong 

I am not sure about the current 1L or 2L class, but there was about 5 of us without a full degree (that I know of) 

 

Edited by typicallawusername
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, typicallawusername said:

Currently in 3L and was accepted with 2 years of a degree. I will let you be the judge of my stats - I got accepted and blocked out the whole application process 

LSAT - 157 

GPA - 85%

Sask Connection - strong 

I am not sure about the current 1L or 2L class, but there was about 5 of us without a full degree (that I know of) 

 

Thanks, really appreciate the info. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

1. did any of the 5 that you know of who got accepted without a completed undergrad not have any sask connection?

2. What is an 85% in terms of GPA on a 4.0 scale?

3. Is the GPA you listed your B2 or your CGPA?

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

typicallawusername
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, Linen said:

Thanks, really appreciate the info. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

1. did any of the 5 that you know of who got accepted without a completed undergrad not have any sask connection?

2. What is an 85% in terms of GPA on a 4.0 scale?

3. Is the GPA you listed your B2 or your CGPA?

Thanks again.

1. I am am pretty sure we are all from the Sask area (might have gone to school out of province but have ties to Sask)

2. Honestly don't remember the 4.0 scale conversion as my undergrad uni used percentages - did a quick google and the first source told me that 85% is a 3.0. 

3.  Both - I only had two years or 60 credits to pull from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.