Accepted without Degree

شخص غريب

شخص غريب

Hello all,

Has anyone gotten accepted to USask without a completed undergraduate degree? In other words, with only 2-3 years of undergrad studies?

شخص غريب
On 11/4/2021 at 11:00 PM, legallybrunette said:

I do know of some people that have been admitted without having finished their undergrad. 

Do you know whether they had exceptional (so to speak) stats, or were they similar to other applicants?

maybemaybe
  • Applicant

not in law school but I think generally usask is a little more open towards students without degrees! I've seen a handful of people with 2-3 years of undergrad in law school there as compared to other schools. I think in general if schools do not specifically say they rarely admit students without degrees, you may not need exceptionally high stats

• 3 weeks later...
legallybrunette
  • Law Student
On 11/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Linen said:

Do you know whether they had exceptional (so to speak) stats, or were they similar to other applicants?

Definitely on the higher end of the stats range! 

• 1 month later...
typicallawusername
  • Law Student

Currently in 3L and was accepted with 2 years of a degree. I will let you be the judge of my stats - I got accepted and blocked out the whole application process 

LSAT - 157 

GPA - 85%

Sask Connection - strong 

I am not sure about the current 1L or 2L class, but there was about 5 of us without a full degree (that I know of) 

Edited by typicallawusername
  • Like 1

شخص غريب
5 hours ago, typicallawusername said:

Currently in 3L and was accepted with 2 years of a degree. I will let you be the judge of my stats - I got accepted and blocked out the whole application process 

LSAT - 157 

GPA - 85%

Sask Connection - strong 

I am not sure about the current 1L or 2L class, but there was about 5 of us without a full degree (that I know of) 

Thanks, really appreciate the info. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

1. did any of the 5 that you know of who got accepted without a completed undergrad not have any sask connection?

2. What is an 85% in terms of GPA on a 4.0 scale?

3. Is the GPA you listed your B2 or your CGPA?

Thanks again.

typicallawusername
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, Linen said:

Thanks, really appreciate the info. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

1. did any of the 5 that you know of who got accepted without a completed undergrad not have any sask connection?

2. What is an 85% in terms of GPA on a 4.0 scale?

3. Is the GPA you listed your B2 or your CGPA?

Thanks again.

1. I am am pretty sure we are all from the Sask area (might have gone to school out of province but have ties to Sask)

2. Honestly don't remember the 4.0 scale conversion as my undergrad uni used percentages - did a quick google and the first source told me that 85% is a 3.0. 

3.  Both - I only had two years or 60 credits to pull from. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
t3ctonics
  • Lawyer

I was admitted without having a complete undergrad degree, and I know numerous others. My experience is somewhat out of date as I was admitted in 2010, but I've still encountered various junior lawyers and students without undergrad degrees since then. 

I had a strong Saskatchewan connection as I was born here and took my undergrad here. My overall average over 3 years wasn't very competitive (I believe high 70s, maybe low 80s), but my best 2 was pretty good (mid-to-high 80s). My LSAT was 164.

I don't know the application stats of the others I know who got in without an undergrad degree, but most of the ones I can think of graduated with Distinction or Great Distinction, which together I believe make up the top 30% of the graduating class. I don't know how large of a correlation there is between application stats and law school grades, but I expect there is some. 

• Like 1