Is submitting your application in December considered late?

Cpeaks

Cpeaks
  • Applicant

I know its best to get it in early and had plans to submit by now, but its looking like I wont submit until December now, wondering what peoples thoughts are on this..

Borat
  • Law Student

UVic typically starts sending out offers as early as late November and throughout December, so if you'd really like to hear back by then you should consider applying soon. Otherwise, applying in December isn't really that late. People have received offers as early as a few weeks after submitting a complete application.

Like a few other schools UVic does rolling admissions, so a considerable number of offers are sent out prior to the Jan 15 application deadline (and March 1 documents deadline). Applying early (i.e. not right before the deadline) might be slightly advantageous for applicants who have really borderline stats. Generally as the cycle progresses, more seats are filled up, leaving less room for new admits.

• Like 1

Cpeaks
  • Applicant

@Borat Thanks for your insight! My application wouldn't be complete until December 1st anyways, so i figured maybe there isn't a point in frantically trying to get it in before that? Unless it is better to get on the radar as soon as possible? Wasnt sure if it makes a huge difference..

Borat
  • Law Student

@Cpeaks That's true, there wouldn't be any noticeable advantage in applying immediately. I assume you're writing the Nov LSAT. In that case even if you apply now you would not receive an offer until they get your score in Dec.

If you have your personal statement all ready and feel really good about it, you can technically still apply right now (with your LSAC #) and UVic will pull your score once it's released. If not, don't be in a rush to get it in now.

• Like 1