November LSAT writing sample

maybemaybe

maybemaybe
  • Applicant

I am writing next Saturday. I got an email for the doing the writing sample and they said that it opens on November 4th. I am wondering, until what day can I submit this? And do I have to sign up separately for it? I am hoping to do it after the LSAT, which in my case is November 13th

IIRC it used to be that you had 1 year from your LSAT date to complete the writing sample. Though I don't see that anymore on LSAC's website.

Don't worry about it being available prior to your exam. They just do that out of, well, I don't know why but they do it. You can complete it well after your actual LSAT is complete and your nerves have settled. Though it is best to do it sooner than later since your LSAT wont be released to schools without a completed writing sample. However, no benefit to do it before your actual LSAT except for getting it out of the way. 

Best of luck on your exam!

• Like 1

PapaPetrovitch
  • Law Student

Keep in mind that the last administration for the November LSAT is Nov 14th and the score is being released roughly two weeks later on Dec 1st. 

I am also planning on doing the writing sample after I take the test, but don't wait a week (or longer) to do it. Otherwise you may risk not having access to your score on the first day as your sample waits for approval. 

Edited by PapaPetrovitch

stk97
  • Law School Admit

For October, I wrote my test on the Tuesday and my writing sample on the Saturday and got my score on release day! I wouldn't stress about it too much friend, but as PapaPetrovitch said, definitely make sure you don't wait too long so it doesn't impact when you/schools get your score! Sometimes they can take a while depending on volume.