Chances at Queen's Access category??

eshtabel3asal

eshtabel3asal
  • Applicant

Hey! My LSAT score is 161 (81th percentile), and my GPA for my last two years is 3.64; and decent ECs.

I haven't heard back from queens yet, do you think I have an okay chance? Should I be worried that I didn’t hear back yet?

18 minutes ago, eshtabel3asal said:

Hey! My LSAT score is 161 (81th percentile), and my GPA for my last two years is 3.64; and decent ECs.

I haven't heard back from queens yet, do you think I have an okay chance? Should I be worried that I didn’t hear back yet?

Are you in elsewhere?

Edited by luckycharm

eshtabel3asal
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

3.64 per OLSAS basis?

yes, 3.64 in my last (best) two years according to OLSAS GPA conversion chart

2 minutes ago, eshtabel3asal said:

it's pretty low, but do they look at it?

It depends on who else is on the short list.

The application pool is stronger than previous years.

I can not predict how Queens look at your "access" claim. 

If your GPA "pretty low", then you have have to wait till July or even August to hear back 

Are you on their wait list now?

eshtabel3asal
  • Applicant

have they finished sending out offers, and started to tell people that they’re on the waitlist?

AtticusFlinch
  • Law Student

I'd say pretty unlikely tbh. As luckycharm mentioned it is a competitive class and I think you are just under the threshold GPA wise.  You have a good chance of getting in other schools and maybe even Queen's in a different year - don't lose hope. 

Edited by AtticusFlinch

badwolf
  • Law Student

Access is generally hard to predict since they are considering factors that are separate from just your GPA/LSAT. I would think they would still look at your cGPA, especially if it pertains to your access claim. In terms of where the Admissions team is at with acceptances, they sent out some offers as recently as June 4th according to the discord. Like luckycharm said though, it's possible that you may have to wait late into the summer to hear back definitively either way

4 hours ago, eshtabel3asal said:

have they finished sending out offers, and started to tell people that they’re on the waitlist?

The class is "full".  However, someone may change their mind and spots will open up. 

eshtabel3asal
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, luckycharm said:

The class is "full".

how do you know that? is this confirmed?

2 hours ago, eshtabel3asal said:

how do you know that? is this confirmed?

The class is 'full" when the provisional and firm acceptance equals the number of spots available.

Spots will open up only if ....... whatever