Number of applicants this year

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Applicant

OASIS says Osgoode received over 3300 applications this year, does anyone know if that's an increase from previous years?

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

Also saw that on OASIS. I heard that they send out around 600 acceptances though. 

Increase from previous years? Yes, it is.

Why does that matter for the purpose of your application? I don't think it is worth worrying or stressing about. It is what it is and it cannot be changed. Sure, it means it's more competitive to get in, but you can't change that fact. So try your best not to think about these things. You've applied and it is now out of your hands. Try your best to enjoy the next few months and relax when you can! 🙂 

• Like 2

hellofriends
  • Applicant
21 minutes ago, Dee said:

Also saw that on OASIS. I heard that they send out around 600 acceptances though. 

I don’t believe this is true, last year they had 290 seats so I’m assuming it’ll be about the same this year. 

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, hellofriends said:

I don’t believe this is true, last year they had 290 seats so I’m assuming it’ll be about the same this year. 

of course, I meant the number of offers they send out because some people reject 

scooter
  • Law Student

I am pretty sure that the number currently listed in OASIS is last year's number of applicants, and it has not been updated yet for the current year. Everything else on that page is from last year - deadlines, etc.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
JanLevinson
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Dee said:

anyone know when we start going in "queue"? will we be notified of this?

You wouldn't receive an email when you go into queue but you can check your status on OASIS. Students can go in queue as early as end of November. 

aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student
On 11/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, Dee said:

anyone know when we start going in "queue"? will we be notified of this?

Checked my status and went into queue today!