Target Hours-BigLaw in Calgary

smokedsalmonisgreat

smokedsalmonisgreat

Greetings,

Does anyone have information on target hours in Calgary/ what the work life balance looks like? Or better yet, what Calgary’s work life balance looks like in comparison to Vancouver or Toronto

I would say average is 1800, but the range is from 1700-1900 for Big Law firms. 

I disagree with the minimal work life balance. It totally depends on the group you chose to be in. I practice CRE in Calgary, and find I am able to find that balance. My life is decently predictable and I rarely if ever work past 8pm. I more regularly work 8-6 daily. 

Again, it totally depends on the firm and the group that you practice in. I would say securities is more similar to Toronto lifestyle wise. 

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer
16 minutes ago, tails said:

I would say average is 1800, but the range is from 1700-1900 for Big Law firms. 

I like this statement better; my target will not be 1850 FWIW. But our targets will be the same as associates in Toronto in the same practice group.