November LSAT and first round admissions

Hopefullyalawyer

Hopefullyalawyer
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if November LSAT scores will be sent on time for the first round of admissions?

Thanks🙂

Kobe
  • Law Student

Seems like the scores won't be posted until the first. The school will be able to see you registered and will get the update right away, no way to know other than asking admissions directly if they will review your profile in time for that first wave. My guess would be if you get an outstanding score they would probably not skip over reviewing the possibility of making you an offer in this first wave.

• 2 weeks later...
Kobe
  • Law Student
On 11/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, Kobe said:

Seems like the scores won't be posted until the first. The school will be able to see you registered and will get the update right away, no way to know other than asking admissions directly if they will review your profile in time for that first wave. My guess would be if you get an outstanding score they would probably not skip over reviewing the possibility of making you an offer in this first wave.

UofT confirmed this via email today, thought I would add in case anyone is looking in the future. If you are competitive already they will make an offer without needing to see the pending LSAT score. 

Edited by Kobe

law000099
  • Law School Admit

How do we feel about the January LSAT and chances of being admitted based on it? I know U of T made a post on this, but looking to get some thoughts on if anyone knows how many students tend to be admitted based on it. 

It makes sense for it to be more competitive as it is later in the admission cycle. Correct me if I am wrong but based on the January LSAT you could potentially be accepted in March and no sooner as the Jan LSAT result is not released until Feb and there is no admission round in Feb (assuming uncompetitive until after Jan LSAT).

buoy
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, zzzz34 said:

How do we feel about the January LSAT and chances of being admitted based on it? I know U of T made a post on this, but looking to get some thoughts on if anyone knows how many students tend to be admitted based on it. 

I was accepted last cycle (beginning of March) and the only LSAT I took was the January one. That said, I got a decent score, and based on the number of people who joined the class Facebook group in March only a handful of us were accepted in the third round (maybe 5-10? I dunno what their yield is)

Last year seemed to be a weird year with schools underestimating their yield though, so the third round might have been more competitive than usual