Getting nervous

Beauregard

Beauregard
  • Applicant

Hi all,

I submitted my application on September 29 and all documents were submitted October 19. I think I have a fairly strong application but now that I’m seeing some people receiving offers I am getting nervous that I will be rejected. 

I have never applied before so I apologize for my neurosis, but can anyone offer some insight into what I should expect? How long are early admissions offered? If I am rejected should I expect a notification saying so? If so, would I expect it soon or would it be many months from now? 

Thanks in advance!

nitzy
  • Law School Admit

hello fellow neuroses sufferer;

In the same boat. We needn't worry, it is still very early in the cycle. To ease my own worries I have gone back into the admissions posts that have been saved from the old forum and in there you can see that most people start to hear back later than November anyway. Based on that alone, I know for myself, if I did not hear anything by March ish then I might start to get worried because by then many would have already heard back. Even still, there would likely be further admits after then because there will be movement off of waitlists/cancellations etc.

• Like 1

Beauregard
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, nitzy said:

hello fellow neuroses sufferer;

In the same boat. We needn't worry, it is still very early in the cycle. To ease my own worries I have gone back into the admissions posts that have been saved from the old forum and in there you can see that most people start to hear back later than November anyway. Based on that alone, I know for myself, if I did not hear anything by March ish then I might start to get worried because by then many would have already heard back. Even still, there would likely be further admits after then because there will be movement off of waitlists/cancellations etc.

That really puts my mind at ease. Thank you for doing the legwork and letting me know what you learned! Good luck to you. 

EDIT: would you mind linking to the old forum posts?

Edited by Beauregard

lawap12
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Beauregard said:

Hi all,

I submitted my application on September 29 and all documents were submitted October 19. I think I have a fairly strong application but now that I’m seeing some people receiving offers I am getting nervous that I will be rejected. 

I have never applied before so I apologize for my neurosis, but can anyone offer some insight into what I should expect? How long are early admissions offered? If I am rejected should I expect a notification saying so? If so, would I expect it soon or would it be many months from now? 

Thanks in advance!

There has also only been 1 day of acceptances that we know of (exactly two weeks ago today). 

The Dal law building also had a sprinkler issue this week, and no staff can work there for the next week. Unlikely that they are reviewing applications during this time.

I’m an impatient waiter with arguably good stats too, had my application finished at the very end of September (160 LSAT, 4.21 GPA, very strong ECs), and haven’t heard a thing yet either. However, I’m also a current third year student 

• Like 1

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit

Glad other people are feeling the same way! Got such bad FOMO hearing people were already getting accepted. It is still very early and we will be okay 🙂

• Like 1

Timmy23
  • Applicant
53 minutes ago, Lilbb19 said:

Admissions is a marathon, not a race. You could be waiting til August. This shit has barley begun 

For real... if people are getting nervous in mid-late November, it's gonna be a long couple (or more) months. It's extremely early.

• Like 1

Internationaljd
  • Applicant

17x Lsat and 3.7x GPA have not heard anything either. We are in the same boat. Lets just hope for the best.

• Like 1