Osgoode in queue 2021

brokenegg

Cozy
  • Applicant
48 minutes ago, brokenegg said:

went in queue yesterday (11/22/2021)! good luck everyone 

for me it says 'Your file is in queue for review', does it say the same for you??

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, Cozy said:

for me it says 'Your file is in queue for review', does it say the same for you??

Yes

Kobe
  • Law Student
35 minutes ago, StressedLlama said:

I'm in queue too. Not sure if it really means anything so I wouldn't worry Kobe! 

I am trying not to concern myself with stuff like this as I am pretty sure it will just drive me crazy. So cheers to trying not to worry 

• Like 1

Rubber.Ducky
  • Law School Admit

In queue can mean everything or nothing. Some people never go into queue before getting an acceptance and some people sit in queue for months. Some people get an acceptance a few weeks later. Don’t overthink this or get nervous if you haven’t gone into queue.. people go into queue well into March. 

From the OASIS homepage:

“'Your file is in queue for review'
Final decisions are posted in due course. The timing of a decision depends largely on the number of applications that are in queue for review and the progress made by admissions assessors in reviewing those applications. Each file is read by 2 Assessors who submit an independent recommendation for the file. In the case of differing recommendations a third Assessor is introduced. File review starts in December and continues to the end of June.”

Edited by Rubber.Ducky
Add info
  • Like 1

undertheletter
  • Law Student

Damn, it's been a year already. I remember when I was one of y'all.

Some unsolicited advice:

• Resist the urge to read into what every status update means - you could receive acceptance after queuing for a while or without queueing at all
  • Try not to check your profile obsessively (i.e. limit it to once a day - yes, its hard!)
  • Offers don't follow an alphabetical order or whether you filled part B/C
  • Don't feel discouraged if you don't hear back on the first day, week or month - admissions should be sent out well into 2022!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

lawyertobe
  • Law Student

Also some unsolicited advice - I know some people who were accepted without ever being "in queue", as well as people who have been in queue until June. Like undertheletter said, I wouldn't read too much into it. Save yourself the stress. You got this!

• Like 1

MapleLeafs
  • Law Student

For what it's worth, I didn't even find out that I got accepted from the portal. I found out via email, so no need (at least for Oz) to obsessively check the portal. 

• Like 2

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, peanutbutter1234 said:

Same! Did anyone in the queue complete part C of the personal statements?

i did

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

in queue as of 11/29. i know it doesn't necessarily imply good news but i'm so relieved  

• Like 1

squirrel
  • Law Student
11 minutes ago, HowdyHee said:

Just out of curiosity, where on OASIS does it indicate that we are in queue. Thanks :)!

Under “Status of Application”! 

• Ryn changed the title to Osgoode in queue 2021
  • Ryn pinned this topic
Kobe
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, Ryn said:

I say this every year: as a former adcom member, your time in queue has, to my knowledge, no connection to your chances of admission or when you might get an offer. People have gotten in without ever having been told they were in the queue. People have gotten in immediately after being put into queue. Some wait weeks or months. The scores of these folks are high and low and everything in between. My advice is to ignore the queue and stop looking for patterns. The school has your application! They will look at it and make a decision. I promise.

This is good to know and a reminder we shouldn’t try to read the tea leaves. 

• Like 1

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Kobe said:

This is good to know and a reminder we shouldn’t try to read the tea leaves. 

but sometimes the tea leaves are all we've got ;)

• Like 1

Rigel
  • Applicant
On 12/1/2021 at 1:22 AM, squirrel said:

Under “Status of Application”! 

Sorry but I didn't see this on my OUAC page... is it under choice/offer?

BirdsArentReal
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Sorry but I didn't see this on my OUAC page... is it under choice/offer?

It is on OASIS, the Osgoode admissions portal.