Osgoode in queue 2021

brokenegg

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student

Just thought I should say this: Got accepted today via email. Checked MyOsgoode (Oasis) and saw the offer. It said I went into queue a couple of days ago. I know for a fact that I checked it after that date and it wasn't there. Maybe they don't always hit the 'upload' button when they've put someone into queue?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, PokeLawyer said:

How long can we expect to wait in queue?

Honestly it's all over the place so there isn't a reliable measure of time. I was in queue on Nov 29 and I got in earlier this month on Jan 11. Good luck!

• Like 1

Here is a photo. If you log into OASIS then click "view my application" you'll see a paragraph saying the following:

Screenshot_20220128-200451.png

Edited by qsizzle
had personal info
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

waspindustries
  • Applicant

hi everyone, I was put in queue nov 22nd 2021, i have 2 questions. 

1. I'm very confused, "in queue" means they're just reviewing your application (just like every other law school does) so why are we keeping track of this? 

2. have people that have been put in queue received a rejection? 

I'm just trying to figure out why being in queue matters so much here

Turtles
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, waspindustries said:

1. I'm very confused, "in queue" means they're just reviewing your application (just like every other law school does) so why are we keeping track of this? 

It means nothing but the review process from the perspective of applicants is full of silence and anxiety, so every year applicants enjoy seeing some purported movement on their file to ease the concerns that their application may be stuck somewhere or lost in the shuffle.

It's not much different from checking the tracking on your package to see if it's moving. Even if the tracking data is fake or meaningless as to whether the package will be delivered on time, seeing movement can allay anxieties.  

• Thanks 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
40 minutes ago, waspindustries said:

There are archived admissions data from previous cycles on this forum. I did see applicants being put in queue and waitlisted later. Presumably not everyone could get off the waitlist (which is often the case), so the answer is 'yes'.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Thanks 1

waspindustries
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

There are archived admissions data from previous cycles on this forum. I did see applicants being put in queue and waitlisted later. Presumably not everyone could get off the waitlist (which is often the case), so the answer is 'yes'.

but has anyone (that you've seen) been put in queue and just rejected? (so not even considered for a waitlist) 

1 hour ago, waspindustries said:

In queue is just their way of saying your application is complete and you are now in line to be reviewed.

So 3rd years who are waiting on their transcripts, or people who wrote only the Jan 2022 LSAT are not complete, and not in queue.

As others have stated it's pretty vauge on who goes in when, and why. Maybe stats play a part? But I am just speculating.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
BigBadBruins
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

Does this mean I am in queue?

1401D8A2-6CBD-40AD-BAD0-D12D11EA0BD9.jpeg

No, qsizzle posted a screenshot a few comments above that shows what it looks like. You will see another message appear that says "Your file is in queue for review. Check OASIS for status updates, including the decision on your file. We appreciate your patience as we thoroughly review all applications. Thank you for your continued interest in Osgoode Hall Law School." 

Don't stress too much about it, it doesn't mean much.

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, BigBadBruins said:

No, qsizzle posted a screenshot a few comments above that shows what it looks like. You will see another message appear that says "Your file is in queue for review. Check OASIS for status updates, including the decision on your file. We appreciate your patience as we thoroughly review all applications. Thank you for your continued interest in Osgoode Hall Law School." 

Don't stress too much about it, it doesn't mean much.

Hey I heard that it doesn’t mean much. I submitted my access documents earlier this week because my LSAT is 152 and my Jan one is 151 and my GPA is 3.85. I doubt I have a chance at the school which sucks but I am no good at standardized exams 

I just hope I get to hear from them before my offer for another school expires. If not I am just going to accept it and maybe consider transferring to help my job prospects 

I just want to feel how Ottawa is like first and if I like and my progress there than I won’t transfer but I am to keep my options and try to work hard and get good marks regardless of the situation 

Edited by shawarmalaw
Detail

BigBadBruins
  • Applicant
20 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

Hey I heard that it doesn’t mean much. I submitted my access documents earlier this week because my LSAT is 152 and my Jan one is 151 and my GPA is 3.85. I doubt I have a chance at the school which sucks but I am no good at standardized exams 

I just hope I get to hear from them before my offer for another school expires. If not I am just going to accept it and maybe consider transferring to help my job prospects 

I just want to feel how Ottawa is like first and if I like and my progress there than I won’t transfer but I am to keep my options and try to work hard and get good marks regardless of the situation 

I am in a similar boat. Hopefully we both hear back soon.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

In queue February 9th.

CGPA 3.55

L2: ~3.65 depending how it's calculated.

LSAT: 163 (Aug), 172 (Jan)

Really hoping for a reply soon haha, haven't heard anything from any school thus far and I hope that my Jan LSAT changes that