Accepted 2022

elle.woods
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit

You guys, I'm SO EXCITED to be joining you on this thread. I only applied to UVic since it's the only place I wanted to go. I got the call today at 2:00pm, AFTER receiving the email invite to the admissions breakfast which was quite the confusing rollercoaster! 

Around 85% with drops

158 LSAT

Applied discretionary category December 4th, but January LSAT and last LOR was in Jan 10th. 

Strong work/lived experience

• Like 9

LilLawbb
  • Applicant

I FINALLY get to add to this thread!! 🙌 Got the call about two hours ago, but I had to belt out some hearty "WOOOHOOO"s before commenting here.

Approx 3.6x GPA (self-calculated, no drops) & 170 LSAT. 

Applied on the final day. 

I will most definitely be accepting. I can't wait to meet you all in class!!

Edited by LilLawbb
📞
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

simsalabim
  • Law School Admit

Admitted December 9, but just made an account now!

LSAT: 167

cGPA: 3.82

Will likely accept, still waiting on UBC 

Congrats everybody! 

• Hugs 1

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
8 hours ago, Patient0L said:

I know the thread has veered off the confirmation + stats limitations, but, for posterity sake, it might be worth noting that the people who got the weird "Statement of Marks - GPA Eval" message on their status checker, were shortly thereafter accepted in the discretionary category. 🎉

Not sure about that one. I had the GPA Eval message since Jan 25th and am still under review for discretionary. I have a strong feeling I'll be in the waitlist purgatory once again, but we'll see. Congrats to all who've gotten in so far!

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
30 minutes ago, Cpeaks said:

@LilLawbb

regular or discretionary?

Regular category. 

22 hours ago, secondcareer-er said:

You guys, I'm SO EXCITED to be joining you on this thread. I only applied to UVic since it's the only place I wanted to go. I got the call today at 2:00pm, AFTER receiving the email invite to the admissions breakfast which was quite the confusing rollercoaster! 

Did they only send you the breakfast email? I received the same invitation and a phone call saying I had until April to accept the admissions offer. However, my online application status hasn't changed from "under review," and I don't know where/how to accept the offer. 

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit
57 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

Regular category. 

Did they only send you the breakfast email? I received the same invitation and a phone call saying I had until April to accept the admissions offer. However, my online application status hasn't changed from "under review," and I don't know where/how to accept the offer. 

Yup I also only got the invite email yesterday and phone call. They said on the phone they'd be following up soon with my offer letter via email, I believe she said I'd get it today. I haven't received it as of yet either though! And my application status hasn't changed but I'm not sweating it. Congrats again 🙂

• Like 1

Lawgirl23
  • Applicant

Hi everyone:) I just created an account today! I applied to UVic early December and received my offer mid January. My stats are 165 LSAT and 4.14 GPA. I have accepted the offer and can’t wait to meet everyone this fall! 

Edited by Lawgirl23
  • Like 5

Csevenhu
  • Applicant

Got the email! Accepted for September 2022 🙂

LSAT 166, GPA 3.8 (self calculated). 

I'm a child protection social worker, super stoked at the idea of getting out of this career though it's been so rewarding. 

• Like 3

mjslava
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, Csevenhu said:

Got the email! Accepted for September 2022 🙂

LSAT 166, GPA 3.8 (self calculated). 

I'm a child protection social worker, super stoked at the idea of getting out of this career though it's been so rewarding. 

Congratulations! When did you apply?

• Like 1

Csevenhu
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, mjslava said:

Congratulations! When did you apply?

Sent in final docs February 2nd! 

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student

@Patient0L your hypothesis might still hold!
Got the call late Thursday afternoon. So thrilled. Discretionary applicant, all materials in by November. 

Low 3.something cGPA. 3.9 (4.0 scale) in the last 15 courses or so after addressing a previously undiagnosed medical condition. 
LSAT 168
5+ years working in mental health/forensics and lived experience. 

I was waitlisted last year, but boosted my LSAT and work experience for this cycle. I was hopefully anticipating this call for around a year and a half now. You think running the scenario in my head endless times would make me less of a bumbling mess of stuttered gratitude when the call actually came in, but I assure you it did not. 

I look forward to finally moving to the island and meeting the rest of the cohort!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

I got a call on March 17th at around 3:45pm!

If this helps anyone: I completed my application on December 22nd, and sent in my transcript including Fall grades on December 31st. They received it on January 26th, and then I went into "GPA Eval" on March 8th. 

LSAT: 167, GPA with drops: 3.67-3.7 (67 seems to be the lucky number here?)

UVic Index: ~923.75

Don't hesitate to DM me for questions!

Also, hoping to see you all at the Dean's Welcome Event 🤞

• Like 1

Helen21
  • Law Student

Accepted! LSAT 163, GPA 4.2 after drops. Personal statement spoke to ample volunteer & career experience + hands-on learning opportunities. I really made sure to focus on how every single thing I mentioned was going to make me a good lawyer and a great fit for UVIC Law specifically. I applied a few days before the January deadline and received the confirmation on March 18.

• Like 1

canadalawapp8103912
  • Applicant

Accepted back in November but just confirmed my spot today.

Did my undergrad at UBC

LSAT 165

Average: 80% no drops or 83% with drops (not sure how they calculate averages)

5 years of legal experience 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
alaskaveggies
  • Law School Admit

got a phone call and accepted this week.

163 lsat

3.8 gpa calculated using the method found on this forum.

no real outstanding softs and ecs

• Like 1

Allthebest
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, alaskaveggies said:

163 lsat

When did you get accepted ? Today ?

alaskaveggies
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Allthebest said:

When did you get accepted ? Today ?

I got accepted yesterday afternoon

mjslava
  • Applicant
58 minutes ago, alaskaveggies said:

163 lsat

Congratulations! When did you get your application in?

alaskaveggies
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, mjslava said:

Congratulations! When did you get your application in?

thank you! I submitted my application a week before the deadline. I took the january lsat so it took until mid feburary for my application to be complete

• Like 2

fingerscrossed
  • Law School Admit

Accepted early this afternoon! 

LSAT: 163 

GPA (self-calculated with drops): 4.02 

I have until April 22 to respond. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

• Like 2

mjslava
  • Applicant
45 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

Accepted early this afternoon! 

LSAT: 163 

GPA (self-calculated with drops): 4.02 

I have until April 22 to respond. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Nicely done! Do you mind me asking if your status ever changed from application under review to anything else?

fingerscrossed
  • Law School Admit
28 minutes ago, mjslava said:

Nicely done! Do you mind me asking if your status ever changed from application under review to anything else?

Not that I'm aware of. Last time I checked (yesterday) it said "application under review". They called to let me know so I didn't check the portal until they called + emailed. 

• Like 2

Juh
  • Applicant

Got the call at 6pm EST! OLSAS GPA

3.44, Uvic GPA around 3.7, LSAT 167! Completing a masters degree, lots of volunteering and political experience tied into my application. Shocked and excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting:)

• Like 3

LlamaBarista
  • Applicant

Missed the call but just got the email! 

LSAT: 163 (Jan)

GPA: 3.98/4.33 with drops 

Will be declining, best of luck to everyone waiting!

• Like 3