Accepted 2022

Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

twinleaf123
  • Law School Admit

Accepted from the waitlist!

GPA: 86% (self-calculated)

LSAT: 164

Will be accepting. Best of luck to all still waiting to hear back!

• Like 2

oyin
  • Applicant

Accepted from waitlist last night! 

GPA: 3.85 from McGill (never calculated my UBC equivalent)

LSAT: 169

Applied under general. I will be accepting :))

• Like 1

Dawnamba
  • Applicant

I haven't had a decision made yet in the discretionary category yet. Anyone know historically when they decide? 

cjs
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, Dawnamba said:

I haven't had a decision made yet in the discretionary category yet. Anyone know historically when they decide? 

I can’t speak to historical data, but they mentioned late May when I spoke with admissions recently 🙂

Just revived offer via email. 81% GPA 168 LSAT- discretionary. Will be declining as I had to firmly accept another offer elsewhere before I received this offer. Due to expirations.

Good luck to those that are waiting!

• Like 3

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Oh. Em. Gee. 

Just received my offer. Deposit paid!

Stats: 79.5% -ish?? (my degree was not eligible for drops 😕 ), LSAT 167

Softs:  2 masters degrees, awards/publications in my field

Applied discretionary.

Totally shocked and literally in tears. I have been on this roller coaster since October 1st. I really really hope that the rest of the anxiously awaiting D-Crew can join me!!

• Like 8
  • Hugs 6

skyperoo
  • Applicant

Accepted! 

Applied discretionary - 5+ years of experience, 83% with drops and 165 LSAT

Good luck to those waiting!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

diggity
  • Applicant

Accepted!!!! Holy Moly!! Best day ever! 
No idea what my Gpa is as my undergrad was a mess (needless to say I applied discretionary) but LSAT 166 and lots of work/activism. 
I am SO excited to meet you all! I can't wait. 

• Hugs 4

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student

Accepted! super grateful to ubc as I was rejected everywhere else!!!

Stats: 2.8ish cgpa without drops 170 lsat (1 take) 

Ecs: nothing special honestly and a weak part of my application 

Would like to say I had a decent PS but thats subjective. Cant wait to meet everyone this september!!!!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Accepted 

applied discretionary 

GPA ubc calculated 78.9 LSAT 161

Personal Statement talked about challenges that included financially supporting myself during my undergrad while in difficult situations (accounting for lower GPA) and how I made it out of the woods but a lot of friends didn’t, want to use a law degree to help people with limited resources and support have a better go of it. 

Four years of relevant work experience in non-profits, communications and fund development.

I got the big No Thanks when I applied last year, didn’t manage to get my LSAT score up until after this cycle so it must have been the revamp of my personal statement and some more work experience at a law firm that did the trick. 

Adding all this detail because I’ve lurked on this forum for a while and seeing the high stats people were posting, I was starting to give up hope. Moral of the story is keep trying - you might get a completely different result than you thought possible. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student

Got the offer on Friday.  

Discretionary app. 168 LSAT, GPA 3.2ish with a significant uptrend after addressing an undiagnosed medical condition. 5 years work with non profits and forensics. 

Really didn't expect this and I've paid my deposit elsewhere. There's only about a week left to decide, if you need me I'll be over on the school comparisons thread!

• Like 2

Borat
  • Law Student

Accepted last week in the general category.

cGPA: 84.2% (with drops)

LSAT: 166

Index: ~92.11

• Like 2

jetblack
  • Law School Admit

Accepted. Discretionary. Super surprised, immensely thankful, and trying to make some difficult choices now.

cGPA: 3.3x (I think mid 80s(% wise) with drops), L2:3.8x LSAT: 154, 157, 159.

Subjective, but letters and personal statements with great depth and reasons for wanting to go to law school.

Oh, and accepted a few days ago now.

Edited by jetblack
Added in acceptance date.
  • Like 6

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

Accepted from the waitlist. Have truly never wanted anything more in my life so I’m truly over the moon right now. 

GPA- 90.5

LSAT- 159

Will be accepting !

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
onlyonemorelette
  • Applicant

Accepted May 20th! 

LSAT: 166

Declined offer already 🙂 

Lalalaw
  • Applicant
On 5/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, jetblack said:

Accepted. Discretionary. Super surprised, immensely thankful, and trying to make some difficult choices now.

cGPA: 3.3x (I think mid 80s(% wise) with drops), L2:3.8x LSAT: 154, 157, 159.

Subjective, but letters and personal statements with great depth and reasons for wanting to go to law school.

Oh, and accepted a few days ago now.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your statement letter except the personal information with me. I got rejected and according to admissions it was because of my personal statement and I want to improve it for next year. Good luck in your new journey 🎊.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:23 PM, Patient0L said:

Oh. Em. Gee. 

Just received my offer. Deposit paid!

Stats: 79.5% -ish?? (my degree was not eligible for drops 😕 ), LSAT 167

Softs:  2 masters degrees, awards/publications in my field

Applied discretionary.

Totally shocked and literally in tears. I have been on this roller coaster since October 1st. I really really hope that the rest of the anxiously awaiting D-Crew can join me!!

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your statement letter except the personal information with me. I got rejected and according to admissions it was because of my personal statement and I want to improve it for next year. Good luck in your new journey 🎊.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, 4545 said:

Accepted 

applied discretionary 

GPA ubc calculated 78.9 LSAT 161

Personal Statement talked about challenges that included financially supporting myself during my undergrad while in difficult situations (accounting for lower GPA) and how I made it out of the woods but a lot of friends didn’t, want to use a law degree to help people with limited resources and support have a better go of it. 

Four years of relevant work experience in non-profits, communications and fund development.

I got the big No Thanks when I applied last year, didn’t manage to get my LSAT score up until after this cycle so it must have been the revamp of my personal statement and some more work experience at a law firm that did the trick. 

Adding all this detail because I’ve lurked on this forum for a while and seeing the high stats people were posting, I was starting to give up hope. Moral of the story is keep trying - you might get a completely different result than you thought possible. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Lalalaw said:

Did you send them a form letter…?

(I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you this cycle 😕 )

Edited by Patient0L

• 2 weeks later...
pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

The three sweetest words... "find an apartment."

Just got the phone call. Accepted off the Discretionary waitlist.

They say what makes you truly appreciate something is the amount of time you spend thinking about it. For months, nothing could distract me from thinking about getting into UBC, and every day seemed like it was trying its best to demoralize me. 

Anyhow, I am going to stop writing. My mind is in a completely incoherent state of bliss. Stats:

LSAT: 169

cGPA: 2.82 

L22: 3.30

L17: 3.84

Originally #3 on the Discretionary waitlist (May 20).

Have a great weekend everybody! Time for a celebratory drink(s)! 😀

Edited by pinsandneedles
  • Like 8
  • Nom! 1

• 1 month later...
Rigel
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, CBay said:

Accepted off of discretionary WL today.

Still considering.

Congrats! Did you accept and which school are you currently in?

CBay
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, Rigel said:

Congrats! Did you accept and which school are you currently in?

I have not accepted yet. Still trying to weigh my options. I’m currently set up at Osgoode, and my ultimate goal is big law, though I’m not tied to a particularly city (I am from the West coast though). Not sure which school would be more advantageous for that goal. 

• Like 1

CBay
  • Law School Admit
On 4/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, LordBONSAI said:

Accepted

cGPA 3.89 (OLSAS), 84.4 (with drops), LSAT 166

Index 92.17

Will be deciding between UBC and Osgoode.

What did you end up choosing?

YTY
  • Applicant

Received an offer today (will be declining)

GPA (around 87%) LSAT 163

Applied December 1st. General category.

Still some hope out there!

Edited by YTY
  • Like 2