Accepted 2022

AMG
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Maibkh
  • Applicant

Accepted last night! 

LSAT - 159,158 

OLSAS CGPA: 3.34 

Edited by Maibkh
  • Like 1

Jbens
  • Law School Admit

ACCEPTED !! 

3rd year applicant/3.96 CGPA OSLAS calculated (4.26/4.3)/LSAT 156.

Mature student, ACCESS, Very strong personal statement, poor extra-curriculars/job experience 

Undecided 

lawschoolreject
  • Applicant
On 4/6/2022 at 7:44 PM, Jbens said:

ACCEPTED !! 

3rd year applicant/3.96 CGPA OSLAS calculated (4.26/4.3)/LSAT 156.

Mature student, ACCESS, Very strong personal statement, poor extra-curriculars/job experience 

Undecided 

May I ask why you applied access with a nearly perfect GPA? Your LSAT score is decent as well, it's just discouraging for those that have lower stats and rely on the access category.

• Like 2

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, lawschoolreject said:

May I ask why you applied access with a nearly perfect GPA? Your LSAT score is decent as well, it's just discouraging for those that have lower stats and rely on the access category.

Categories such as access, discretionary, special consideration, etc., are not meant to be used as an “excuse” for bad grades, for a lack of better words. Though I understand that many people applying through such categories do have lower stats (my own LSAT, for example), these categories are meant for applicants who experienced any type of barriers throughout their journey to law school (i.e., navigating the system as a BIPOC, woman, lgbtq+ member, Muslim, etc.). 

• Like 4

CometKujo
  • Applicant

Got accepted April 8th.

GPA 3.34 through 5 years (best 2 or 3 would be somewhere around a 3.7-3.8)
LSAT 159, 156, and 159

Good LORs, poor extracurriculars, and I worked at the same location throughout my undergraduate education.

I think what might have gotten me admitted were my personal statements. I had a very rough and emotional 5 years of undergrad.

Edited by CometKujo
  • Like 2

lawschoolreject
  • Applicant
On 4/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, brokenegg said:

Categories such as access, discretionary, special consideration, etc., are not meant to be used as an “excuse” for bad grades, for a lack of better words. Though I understand that many people applying through such categories do have lower stats (my own LSAT, for example), these categories are meant for applicants who experienced any type of barriers throughout their journey to law school (i.e., navigating the system as a BIPOC, woman, lgbtq+ member, Muslim, etc.). 

While I understand this, if your "barriers" still allowed you to achieve such high stats, I don't think it would take anything away from a general application. As you said, access, discretionary, special consideration, etc. are meant to be used to lower the barrier for people who have had to overcome challenges that may have affected their stats and without special consideration would otherwise deter them from going to law school. Applicants with extremely high stats applying access just makes the barrier harder to overcome. 

• Like 4

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit

Got accepted to both the Jd and the dual JD. Got email a couple days ago. 

3.64 cgpa 

166 LSAT

rejected both because I accepted U of C! Hopefully will open a spot for someone else

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
LB122
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today. No email but I checked the portal and it says admitted. 

cGPA: 3.67 

L2/ B2: 3.76

LSAT: 155

I will be rejecting as I think I have decided on Ottawa. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1stGen5891
  • Applicant
On 5/3/2022 at 12:56 PM, LB122 said:

Accepted today. No email but I checked the portal and it says admitted. 

cGPA: 3.67 

L2/ B2: 3.76

LSAT: 155

I will be rejecting as I think I have decided on Ottawa. 

Hey, 

How much time does the university give you to respond to admissions with your decision?
Thanks in advance 🙂

LB122
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, 1stGen5891 said:

Hey, 

How much time does the university give you to respond to admissions with your decision?
Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi!

I had until May 24th 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applicant

Got an acceptance call (voicemail) and email about 30 minutes ago from the Dual JD program. I was waitlisted on April 8

LSAT 159

L2 A-

First acceptance in two years

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
llc
  • Applicant

Any telling of whether it’s typically easier to be accepted to Dual JD vs single JD? Waitlisted for single JD since early April but still only Referred to Dual JD

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
21 minutes ago, llc said:

Any telling of whether it’s typically easier to be accepted to Dual JD vs single JD? Waitlisted for single JD since early April but still only Referred to Dual JD

Yes, the dual is easier to get into.

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

Accepted recently. Never waitlisted. 

CGPA: 2.Xhigh (bad) L2: 3.44 LSAT: 161 

Access and holistic considerations.

I'm very grateful. However, I will be declining this offer as I've provisionally accepted UOttawa and have other pending/waitlisted applications that I'd also choose above Windsor should I receive a late acceptance. I hope the spot goes to a deserving candidate. 🙂 

• Like 5

matthews95
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, lawandordermaker said:

Accepted recently. Never waitlisted. 

CGPA: 2.Xhigh (bad) L2: 3.44 LSAT: 161 

Access and holistic considerations.

I'm very grateful. However, I will be declining this offer as I've provisionally accepted UOttawa and have other pending/waitlisted applications that I'd also choose above Windsor should I receive a late acceptance. I hope the spot goes to a deserving candidate. 🙂 

Congratulations! Single or dual? 

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student

Accepted just now into the single. I'm actually in shock. Didn't think I would actually be accepted anywhere this late into the cycle. 

Cgpa 3.64

Lsat Cancelled score, 156, 153 (January 2022). 

Average LORS. Average PS. 

Edited by MA1199
  • Like 5

llc
  • Applicant

ACCEPTED TO DUAL JD

Im at a loss for words! Accepted straight from referred, and waitlisted since March for Single JD. First time applicant! 

CGPA 2.7, L2 3.6

LSAT November (first attempt) - 153

LSAT January (second attempt) - 163

• Like 4

Renard
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday, saw it on the portal and then received the email a couple hours later. Waitlisted in January. 3.11 cgpa, 3.7 l2, 161 LSAT, masters degree, good ecs (varsity athlete), decent LORs. This is my first acceptance so I'm thrilled!

• Like 2

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
44 minutes ago, Renard said:

Accepted yesterday, saw it on the portal and then received the email a couple hours later. Waitlisted in January. 3.11 cgpa, 3.7 l2, 161 LSAT, masters degree, good ecs (varsity athlete), decent LORs. This is my first acceptance so I'm thrilled!

For dual of single?

socialjd
  • Applicant

Accepted off the waitlist (April 7) yesterday for the single JD.

CGPA: 3.1X

L2: 3.5X

LSAT: 162

Applied Access to UofOttawa as well!

Edited by socialjd

• Applicant
On 5/25/2022 at 12:08 PM, 123321 said:

Got an acceptance call (voicemail) and email about 30 minutes ago from the Dual JD program. I was waitlisted on April 8

LSAT 159

L2 A-

First acceptance in two years

I've given up my spot.

Good luck!