Accepted 2022

itsmylocker
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

• Renerik changed the title to Accepted 2022
  • Renerik pinned this topic
LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Just saw the email and update on OASIS. LSAT 166, cCPA: 3.9 (as shown on my transcript). I did my undergrad in the states and had several exchanges in Europe, so unsure how OLSAS calculates my GPA. But I guess it's around that number. 

In queue since Nov. 22. 

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 3

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

Please keep discussion limited to acceptances, stats, and the like. Questions beyond that should be taken to PM to keep the thread clean and useful for not only people that have applied this cycle but haven't yet heard back, but also for future years.

Thanks, and congratulations!

hdawg
  • Law School Admit

Got my acceptance Thursday. Current fourth and final year undergrad

GPA: on the olsas scale. Overall 3.93, Best Two 3.97

LSAT 169

rt2
  • Law School Admit
On 11/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, supersulu said:

Got acceptance email this morning. I'm a third year applicant LSAT 171, GPA 3.85. 

What were your softs like? Asking as a third-year applicant with 3.89 GPA (self-calculated according to OLSAS) and 169 LSAT. 

Bananaman
  • Applicant

Accepted! 4th year student. LSAT 178, GPA 9.95/10 or 3.94/4. 

Was previously accepted on December 10th as a third year student when I applied last year, but did not accept the admission offer.  

Will depend on my other admissions, but I will likely not be accepting. 

Edited by Bananaman
wording
  • Like 4

Lycidas
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, Bananaman said:

LSAT 178, GPA 9.95/10 or 3.94/4

Incredible. You should be very proud of yourself. 

• Like 1

Phaedrus
  • Lawyer
33 minutes ago, Bananaman said:

Was previously accepted on December 10th as a third year student when I applied last year, but did not accept the admission offer.  

Did you end up getting into McGill on those stats?

Bananaman
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Phaedrus said:

Did you end up getting into McGill on those stats?

I sent in my application this year and we will see. I applied last year and did not get in, but in my rejection letter I was encouraged to reapply this year. Apparently, within the last 25 years they have only allowed 2 third year students under very very exceptional circumstances. As an internationally-oriented school they want their students to be able to practice law in many jurisdictions, and a full four year undergraduate degree is required to practice law in certain places.

McGill's admissions process is unique (and a bit more opaque) in comparison to other schools. However there is a lot of interesting information about their admissions in this reapplicant video: 

Edited by Bananaman
Added McGill info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bananaman said:

Did you apply to US schools?

Congratulations!

Bananaman
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, NowOrNever said:

Did you apply to US schools?

Congratulations!

Yes, NYU, University of Chicago, University of Michigan. I am still completing my applications for Harvard + Columbia. The chances of me going to the US are very slim for a variety of reasons, including increased tuition and living cost, reduced chance of being accepted due to high competition/coming straight out of undergrad, I'm not a US citizen and would need a visa, and my application is quite late if I want to get a big enough scholarship to consider going. Things could change quickly after a conversation with the right school, though, so I'm applying anyways. 

• Like 1

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Bananaman said:

Yes, NYU, University of Chicago, University of Michigan. I am still completing my applications for Harvard + Columbia. The chances of me going to the US are very slim for a variety of reasons, including increased tuition and living cost, reduced chance of being accepted due to high competition/coming straight out of undergrad, I'm not a US citizen and would need a visa, and my application is quite late if I want to get a big enough scholarship to consider going. Things could change quickly after a conversation with the right school, though, so I'm applying anyways. 

Based on what I've seen on LSA and LSData, I would be shocked if you didn't get into a T6.

• Like 1

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Just curious, how long were people in the queue for (/were you in queue at all?) before being accepted? Trying to get an idea of what to expect.

• Like 2

rt2
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, babylawyer said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Just curious, how long were people in the queue for (/were you in queue at all?) before being accepted? Trying to get an idea of what to expect.

According to OASIS, I went into queue on Dec 1 and got accepted Dec 2. I only got the email this morning (Dec 3) though. 

Edited by rt2
  • Like 2

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit

felt luck to receive admission hours ago!

Fourth yr international undergrad, lsat 171, cgpa per WES 3.75.

• Like 1

Lawstudent692419
  • Applicant

Accepted. 

Third year applicant

3.96 CGPA per OLSAS

163 LSAT

Notified via email this morning. Good luck to all other applicants. Don't stress too much🙂 

• Like 6