Accepted 2022

Patient0L
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Thrive92
  • Applicant

Keep in mind everyone:

TRU calculates your GPA based only on your last 20 courses

They do not count Credit/No Credit courses

Their GPA scale is based on a 4.33 scale

They look at your highest LSAT score.

For the last 20 courses gpa calculation, they literally pick only your last 20 courses; if your twentieth course lands on a semester with other courses, they take the best - graded course out of that semester.

Cheers everyone, good luck and congrats

Edited by Renerik
Mod comment: Merged two comments
  • Like 2

• ZineZ pinned this topic

Quoting @TobyFlenderson:

Please keep discussion limited to acceptances, stats,  and the like. Questions beyond that should be taken to PM to keep the thread clean and useful for not only people that have applied this cycle but haven't yet heard back, but also for future years.

Thanks, and congratulations!

• Like 1

amw26
  • Law Student

Just got the call! I'm in shock. L2: 3.85/4.33 (i was assigned an A) lsat: 160. Applied October 12th, all documents received by October 18th. 

Edited by amw26
  • Like 2

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit

I just got the call 20 minutes ago! In Absolute Shock right now. 

L2 assigned by Tru: A- (3.58/4.00 self calculated)

LSAT: 166, first try

Edited by sjwmk
  • Like 3

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 11/26/2021 at 3:39 PM, ZineZ said:

Quoting @TobyFlenderson:

Please keep discussion limited to acceptances, stats,  and the like. Questions beyond that should be taken to PM to keep the thread clean and useful for not only people that have applied this cycle but haven't yet heard back, but also for future years.

Thanks, and congratulations!

Quick Q, can delete if OT. Any talk of entrance scholarships? I was surprised it wasn’t mentioned. I went to grad school in the USA, where I was always offered some $$ at the outset. Are things different with law schools here … or maybe they don’t want me that much 😂

• Like 1

cautiously_optimistic
  • Law School Admit

GPA: 4.0 (86% for future applicants curious about UBC percentage), assigned A by TRU

LSAT: 161

Applied early October, all documents received by late October

Congrats everyone 🙂

Demonsleader
  • Applicant

Hey guys congratulations on all your acceptances. Im wondering how come you received admissions so early. Are any of you still enrolled in undergrad and if so how did the calculate your gpa? Or are these offers for people who already graduated?

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, Demonsleader said:

Hey guys congratulations on all your acceptances. Im wondering how come you received admissions so early. Are any of you still enrolled in undergrad and if so how did the calculate your gpa? Or are these offers for people who already graduated?

I'm not sure. I graduated from U of C in the spring (June 2021) and my application was complete on October 28th. Idk how they calculated it but I was assigned an A-. No clue about how I got an offer this early, I was shocked too. 

User456
  • Law School Admit
On 12/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, sjwmk said:

I'm not sure. I graduated from U of C in the spring (June 2021) and my application was complete on October 28th. Idk how they calculated it but I was assigned an A-. No clue about how I got an offer this early, I was shocked too. 

Thanks for this! Do they tell you in the acceptance email what your gpa is, or where is it?

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit
18 hours ago, Meek19 said:

Thanks for this! Do they tell you in the acceptance email what your gpa is, or where is it?

It was in my application portal, next to "transcript" in brackets it just said (A-)

• Like 1

janeproc
  • Law Student

Just got the call, L2: 84%, Cumulative: 80% LSAT: 162. Probably won't be accepting

Edited by janeproc
  • Like 2

User456
  • Law School Admit

Just got the call.

L2: 3.85/4.0

LSAT: 162

Application was complete December 4th, 2021. 

Was given a deadline of end of January to accept but won't hear back from other schools by then so not sure what i'll do. 

Edited by Meek19
  • Like 3

User456
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, Meek19 said:

Just got the call.

L2: 3.85

LSAT: 162

Application was complete December 4th, 2021. 

Was given a deadline of end of January to accept but won't hear back from other schools by then so not sure what i'll do. 

Correction, they asked for a response by January 7th. That's impossible so probably won't be accepting. 

Crownroyal
  • Law School Admit

Got the call about an hour ago! 

TRU Grade: A

LSAT: 164

Was given a January deadline as well but not sure what to do as I am waiting for some other schools to decide. Does anyone know if my other applications will be affected if I pay the deposit for TRU? 

Crownroyal
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Meek19 said:

Correction, they asked for a response by January 7th. That's impossible so probably won't be accepting. 

I was notified that you only have to pay the deposit by this date, and that it won’t affect your applications at any other law schools! 

• Like 2

User456
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, Crownroyal said:

I was notified that you only have to pay the deposit by this date, and that it won’t affect your applications at any other law schools! 

Very helpful, thank you! I still think I am going to decline, I don't want to lose the $500. I am hoping for U of A or U of C. Congrats on your acceptance!

• Like 2