Documentation Deadline

Zippy
  • Law Student

Hi everyone,

I foolishly didn't realize that the deadline for documentation is December 1. Does anyone know if I submit by LSAC number and request for my university to send my transcripts today but they aren't received by UBC until after Dec1, if my application will still be considered? I've emailed admissions already but I'm not sure if they will respond to me before the deadline.

Thanks in advance. 

stressedandtired
  • Law School Admit

I'm pretty sure it's a "soft" deadline - they intended on it being December 1 but because of confusion they're being lenient about it. Just get it out to them ASAP.

• Like 1

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

Hi I am in the exact same boat. I tried calling their office but nobody picked up. Could you please post an update whenever you hear back?

• Like 1

Zippy
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

Hi I am in the exact same boat. I tried calling their office but nobody picked up. Could you please post an update whenever you hear back?

Good news, they said my application would still be considered if I order my documents today!

Best of luck on your application.

• Like 1

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
10 hours ago, LawStudent11111 said:

Good news, they said my application would still be considered if I order my documents today!

Best of luck on your application.

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it! I called them earlier today and they told me the same thing that the documents just need to be ordered by December 1st. For a bit more context in case anyone else is in the same situation, I took courses at 3 different universities and all of them say that sending the transcripts will take different amounts of time. I mentioned this on the phone and they confirmed that as long as they are all ordered by the deadline, then it is fine. They also mentioned it can take a few weeks for your application to be marked as complete. 

Best of luck to you as well!

• Like 1

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student

Anyone know where we were supposed to send supporting documents? I couldn't find it in the application so I just emailed it to them.

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
14 minutes ago, VitalGiraffe said:

Anyone know where we were supposed to send supporting documents? I couldn't find it in the application so I just emailed it to them.

https://allard.ubc.ca/programs/juris-doctor-jd-program/frequently-asked-questions

If your school doesn't send transcripts by mail, then they should be emailed to admissions@allard.ubc.ca

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

I emailed my supporting documentation to them. Since they didn't really specify how to send it, I followed their instructions in regards to your references emailing them (putting your full name in the subject line)