Princeton Review vs LSAT Max vs LSAT Trainer -- Which is Best?

SecondCareerLaw

SecondCareerLaw
  • Applicant

Hi All,

I am starting to prepare for the LSAT for next year, and looking for an LSAT prep that actually works. Any suggestions?

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Have you written a diagnostic yet? None of this shit is necessary if you have innate aptitude for the test. Don't decide on any sort of LSAT prep products until you know where you stand.

• Like 1

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit

do a free diagnostic on khan or 7sage, and you can decide then how much you wish to pay in lsat preps

Squeen
  • Applicant

I used LSAT Max to prep initially, I found it to be helpful, and I made drastic changes especially in LR. However, it is very pricey and it is really similar to 7sage which is way cheaper than LSAT Max. 

Bananaman
  • Applicant

I cannot recommend LSAT Wizard highly enough. I used him for logic games and I finished my LG section 5 mins early, with confidence in all my answers. Considering I got a 178, I am almost certain I got all my LG correct. He also has stuff on Logical reasoning and Reading comprehension which I didn't try, but if it was the same quality as LG, I am sure it will be well worth it. Also, he has a bunch of free stuff and his full access doesn't cost nearly as much as courses from companies like Princeton or Powerscore and others. 

Would also highly recommend the book "The Loophole" by Ellen Cassidy. I finished it in a week and it seriously improved my Logical Reasoning. I had reached a plateau in LR and didn't know what I was doing wrong exactly. After reading the book I realized I wasn't reading the question prompts carefully enough and I was falling into traps when reading the answer choices. I finished the book two weeks before the LSAT and I was getting much better scores before doing the test. Would highly recommend. 

I would also constantly see what people are posting on reddit r/lsat. I used a lot of the strategies and resources found there (such as a test score tracking spreadsheet) and I would not have found LSAT Wizard and The Loophole if not for reddit. 

Edited by Bananaman
additional clarification