Accepted 2022

fairyinlaw
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

fairyinlaw
  • Applicant

McGill’s process is weird, so some ppl may get answers in the next few weeks! Let’s start the thread for acceptances 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Nom! 2
  • Angry 2

• 3 weeks later...
GreyDude
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, bisonbisonbison said:

Got the email this morning,

• 169 lsat avg
  • 3.82 gpa
  • good work/volunteer experience
  • bilingual anglo w/ french work experience (no interview)

Congratulations!
University applicant?

Edited by GreyDude

• Ryn pinned this topic
geurnalisme
  • Law School Admit

Admitted! Got the email about an hour ago.

• LSAT: None
  • GPA: 4.0
  • No French interview (Francophone background [though educated in English], B2 level DELF certificate, and work in the federal government).
  • Above average ECs and LORs, I think? I've done a lot of student leadership, volunteering, freelance writing/competitions, and was super involved with my campus paper. I'm also a McCall MacBain finalist, if that helps.

Been hoping to pursue law at McGill for a few years now, so this feels pretty surreal. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Edit: Forgot to add I’m a uni applicant!

Edited by geurnalisme
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
FutureLawStudent1512
13 hours ago, villiuski said:

Accepted! University applicant with extenuating circumstances. 

• LSAT 169
  • GPA 3.64 at time of application (3.7 if they looked at fall grades)
  • Anglophone with solid French.
  • Below average ECs but strong LORs and what I believe was an excellent statement. 

I've been working hard to make this a possibility over the last two years, so I'm absolutely ecstatic. Best of luck to all other applicants!

When did you receive your acceptance? Congratulations!!!

legalscholar99
  • Applicant

Congratulations to all admitted. As many I too still await an admissions decision. How long did most wait, from the time of application submission, before being contacted with an admit offer?

• Like 2

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit

Really excited to receive the offer today!

gpa 3.76

lsat average at 168

French DALF C1, so no french interview

LORs and ECs are decent I guess, but I'm in 4th yr of undergrad, so there wasn't anything really extraordinary like interning for court or well-known NGOs.

BTW I will be an international student, so tuition and scholarship will be really important in whether to accept the offer. 

• Like 6

cecilaw
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, ProudCrocodile said:

Really excited to receive the offer today!

gpa 3.76

lsat average at 168

French DALF C1, so no french interview

LORs and ECs are decent I guess, but I'm in 4th yr of undergrad, so there wasn't anything really extraordinary like interning for court or well-known NGOs.

BTW I will be an international student, so tuition and scholarship will be really important in whether to accept the offer. 

Congratulations! How did you calculate your GPA? (with being an international student)

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit
11 hours ago, cecilaw said:

How did you calculate your GPA? (with being an international student)

My university calculated that in a 4.0 scale and put it on my transcript. So I guess McGill has used it without any modification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
fairyinlaw
  • Applicant

Wrote on the discord but will write it here! Got admitted yesterday, GPA 3.92 from McGill arts&science undergrad, no LSAT! 😊

• Like 6

sargeantpickles
  • Applicant

Admitted today! 3.84 GPA, no LSAT, current undergraduate at McGill in political science. Lots of good ECs, but I'm surprised I got in with the letters of recommendation I managed to secure (none were from university profs). I will likely be declining due to a better offer from an MA program. Wishing everyone the absolute best of luck in this process!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
ikand1399
  • Applicant

Admitted last week with condition. Non-Quebec Canadian with cGPA 3.86, 161 LSAT, had an interview right around the beginning of February.

• Like 6

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, ikand1399 said:

Admitted last week with condition. Non-Quebec Canadian with cGPA 3.86, 161 LSAT, had an interview right around the beginning of February.

I've got an interview next week, can I ask what yours was like? Obviously don't share too much detail to keep things fair, but generally speaking what am I in for?

• Like 1

ChequePlz
  • Law School Admit

Admitted yesterday - 3.88 CGPA, no LSAT, Quebec resident. Wicked feeling!

Best of luck to all the other applicants!

• Like 5

dahlialuvr99
  • Law Student

Admitted in mid-January: GPA 3.83; 164 LSAT; good LORs and ECs; anglophone but good French - no interview requested. In my acceptance letter they highlighted my personal statement + LORs as particularly strong components of my application. 

Edited by dahlialuvr99
  • Like 3

law.cshl
  • Applicant

Accepted today! 3.85 undergrad + master's degree + work experience with UN. Will be accepting 🙂

• Like 3