Accepted 2022

fairyinlaw
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

GreyDude
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, law.cshl said:

Accepted today! 3.85 undergrad + master's degree + work experience with UN. Will be accepting 🙂

Congratulations! From your self-description, you sound like you could be a mature student. Are you?

law.cshl
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, GreyDude said:

Congratulations! From your self-description, you sound like you could be a mature student. Are you?

Thank you! No, I'm a regular applicant 🙂 Also no LSAT.

• Thanks 1

ikand1399
  • Applicant
On 3/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, Totally_Bucked said:

I've got an interview next week, can I ask what yours was like? Obviously don't share too much detail to keep things fair, but generally speaking what am I in for?

I’m so sorry, just seeing this now! I ended up having a French comprehension interview, the interviewer made it very clear at the start. All questions were posed in French, I was allowed to answer in French or English. I chose French for 5 of the 8 questions approximately, mostly because my CV doesn’t exactly scream “fluent in French” and I wanted to get my abilities across. The questions were very simple and basically just focused on me, my experience, my goals, what I expected in law school, etc. I’m so sorry if I’m too late responding, if so I hope it went very well and if not good luck :)

GreyDude
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, ikand1399 said:

I’m so sorry, just seeing this now! I ended up having a French comprehension interview, the interviewer made it very clear at the start. All questions were posed in French, I was allowed to answer in French or English. I chose French for 5 of the 8 questions approximately, mostly because my CV doesn’t exactly scream “fluent in French” and I wanted to get my abilities across. The questions were very simple and basically just focused on me, my experience, my goals, what I expected in law school, etc. I’m so sorry if I’m too late responding, if so I hope it went very well and if not good luck 🙂

You mentioned in your first post in thread that you were admitted with condition. If you don't mind saying, was it connected to your French, or something else? May we know what it was?

• Like 1

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
14 hours ago, ikand1399 said:

I’m so sorry, just seeing this now! I ended up having a French comprehension interview, the interviewer made it very clear at the start. All questions were posed in French, I was allowed to answer in French or English. I chose French for 5 of the 8 questions approximately, mostly because my CV doesn’t exactly scream “fluent in French” and I wanted to get my abilities across. The questions were very simple and basically just focused on me, my experience, my goals, what I expected in law school, etc. I’m so sorry if I’m too late responding, if so I hope it went very well and if not good luck 🙂

No problem, I had my interview this week and I think it went well. It was definitely an admissions interview as opposed to a French assessment. The questions were what you would expect, asking about why law and why McGill but also why do I want to step away from my current career at this particular moment and how do I feel about the transition from a professional to a very demanding academic environment. I think it was a good interview, nothing to do now but wait and see if the admissions committee agrees. 

Edited by Totally_Bucked
  • Like 2

ikand1399
  • Applicant
On 3/31/2022 at 10:20 AM, GreyDude said:

You mentioned in your first post in thread that you were admitted with condition. If you don't mind saying, was it connected to your French, or something else? May we know what it was?

Yes absolutely, I must have convinced them in the interview because the condition was not tied to French at all! It was just that I finish my current undergrad at UNB and send my final transcriptes, which I assume is pretty standard for undergraduate applicants. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Andalusian2400
  • Applicant
On 2/10/2022 at 5:48 AM, wrtarual said:

Accepted! 4.2, LSATs average to 159, masters. 

4.2 on what scale?

wrtarual
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, Andalusian2400 said:

4.2 on what scale?

A 4.3 scale

Edited by wrtarual

RLM
  • Law School Admit

Admitted On Wednesday. I don't know what my GPA is. 169 LSAT. Political science undergrad. French. 

• Like 3

IronLady
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, RLM said:

Admitted On Wednesday. I don't know what my GPA is. 169 LSAT. Political science undergrad. French. 

Did you pass an interview?

ATMA
  • Applicant
On 4/22/2022 at 9:38 AM, tapis89 said:

Has anyone heard back from Mcgill? (Cegep)

Not yet! Applied in late february and haven’t heard back since.

RLM
  • Law School Admit

I can’t figure out how to reply to your comment on here 😭 but I did not have an interview, no.

• Like 1

sunfl0wer
  • Applicant

just accepted yesterday! 3.76/4.0 GPA from mcgill honours poli sci (quebec resident), had previously applied in cegep and got an interview before being refused. basically no work experience but i've been an writer & editor for a couple campus journals, did a few MUN-adjacent extracurriculars, and some volunteering. im really surprised tbh but very happy!

• Like 4

tallandblonde
  • Applicant

Admitted today!! University student from McGill social work, 3.97 GPA, no lsat. So excited. I will be accepting!!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
Whovianx
  • Applicant
On 5/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, ATMA said:

Anyone got news recently? Still Ready for review here. 

Still RFR for me. If they haven't rejected your application yet, there has to be more consideration or they haven't gotten to it.

Stay strong!

ATMA
  • Applicant
On 5/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, Whovianx said:

Still RFR for me. If they haven't rejected your application yet, there has to be more consideration or they haven't gotten to it.

Stay strong!

Good to know, thanks! Stay strong too 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
clueless
  • Law School Admit

was not expecting to make this post but i was accepted on monday! 3.75/4.0 from McGill honours history and political science, no LSAT. Quebec resident, anglo background and did not get asked to do the language interview, very little proof of bilingualism in all honesty but i have lived/gone to school in Montreal my whole life, so i suppose that played a part. i worked part time throughout my undergrad and had an RAship and policy research job. also have a lot of volunteer/EC experience. leaning toward accepting but a bit up in the air right now! good luck to everyone still waiting, crossing my fingers for you! 

Edited by clueless
  • Like 4

ATMA
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, clueless said:

was not expecting to make this post but i was accepted on monday! 3.75/4.0 from McGill honours history and political science, no LSAT. Quebec resident, anglo background and did not get asked to do the language interview, very little proof of bilingualism in all honesty but i have lived/gone to school in Montreal my whole life, so i suppose that played a part. i worked part time throughout my undergrad and had an RAship and policy research job. also have a lot of volunteer/EC experience. leaning toward accepting but a bit up in the air right now! good luck to everyone still waiting, crossing my fingers for you! 

Congrats! Good to know that acceptances are still going on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MollyDucker
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this afternoon

LSAT 169 (av. of 2)

cGPA 3.32

Documentation of extenuating circumstances.

Honestly have no idea what I'm going to do. I was in the middle of putting down a deposit on an apartment in Ottawa (where I've already accepted, paid the fee, and enrolled in classes) so all my planning has been thrown off. I guess I'm starting this process over again!

Edited by Ryn
Mod edit - Revised as requested by OP
  • Like 2