Provisionally accepting

Jmb77345

Jmb77345
  • Applicant

Does anyone know if I provisionally accept my offer (I.e. becomes firm July 1) if it will confirm my spot even though the expiry date of my offer is June 26? I tried to call OLSAS and they confused me lmao

if you provisionally accept now, the Jun 26 deadline is meaningless.  However, you will still be firmed after July 1.

• Like 1

LawstudentinCanada

Does anyone know if there are greater chances of being accepted after July 1st when ppl move into firmed acceptances as of now? Will there be more movement then? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LawstudentinCanada said:

Does anyone know if there are greater chances of being accepted after July 1st when ppl move into firmed acceptances as of now? Will there be more movement then? 

Ontario applicants are allowed one provisional acceptance or firm acceptance.

Those with firm acceptance will have no impact.

Those with provisional acceptance will turn "firm'' and their application to other Ontario schools will be gone.

I can think of a few scenarios that may open up a few spots.

1.  applicant with firm/provisional acceptance changed their mind for whatever reason. 

2. Accepted by another non-Ontario school and decided to go there. However, the July 1 deadline has no impact on them.

The July 1 deadline  will probably reduce the size on the waitlist. Those who already have an offer from another Ontario school MUST

make a tough decision between an offer on hand or give it up and wait for their "dream school'. I was on 4 waitlists.

To answer your question " if there are greater chances of being accepted after July 1st", I will say there will be a slightly better (not greater)  chance because those who have an offer will be taken off the waitlist ( usually have better stats) and possible a few who changed their mind and open up their spots (probably only a handful). 

• Like 1

lawess
  • Law Student

wait.. i provisionally accepted windsor a while ago bc they're the only school i've gotten an acceptance from. i'm really holding out for queens (no response yet). come july 1, my acceptance to windsor will be firm and my applications everywhere else will be withdrawn?? im stressing now

Parker
  • Law Student
17 minutes ago, kilgoretrout said:

wait.. i provisionally accepted windsor a while ago bc they're the only school i've gotten an acceptance from. i'm really holding out for queens (no response yet). come july 1, my acceptance to windsor will be firm and my applications everywhere else will be withdrawn?? im stressing now

Yes, on July 1st if you've still provisionally accepted Windsor it becomes firm and then withdraws your consideration from other Ontario schools (Queen's). You can reject your windsor offer to wait for Queen's, but you'd be risking not having any offer come the fall. 

Edited by Parker