Chances? L20 3.83 LSAT 159

LawyerPeanut

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Hey, 

I am wondering what you think my chances are for this cycle. I am not sure if it will be as competitive as it was last year. 

- My L20 is 3.83 

- LSAT is 159 (November 2021)

- I heavily geared the personal statement towards environmental law as U of C is known for their environmental law program.

- I have several years experience as a Director of Policy for a non-for-profit in environmental sustainability. 

Any thoughts would be super appreciated, i have all my fingers and toes crossed for this cycle.

User456
  • Law School Admit

I have similar stats, 3.85 and 162, career in the legal field. I hope we are both in! They have been pushing and incentivising their enviro program for awhile so I think that will definitely be a bonus for them and you'll be in for sure. 

Renerik
  • Law Student

People are doing you a disservice by being too certain with their answers. In 2020 and 2021, a fair few 3.7-3.9 high 15X applicants were waitlisted at UCalgary. You have good chances, but it's far from certain that you'll get in.

• Like 5

bluebean
  • Law Student

Calgary is decently holistic and holistic schools always have that level of uncertainty. Your stats don't hold you back so it'll be up to your PS at this point.