Anyones Application Still Awaiting LSAT Scores and Transcripts

xj1998

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit

Anyone else still waiting for their UofA Final, Official transcripts to be uploaded by the UofA? I’m assuming we shouldn’t be too nervous about the February 1 documents deadline if the uploading is outside our control, right?

Edited by PsychologicalBug
Adding a sentence
  • Like 1

EmbeddedClause
  • Law Student
9 minutes ago, PsychologicalBug said:

Anyone else still waiting for their UofA Final, Official transcripts to be uploaded by the UofA? I’m assuming we shouldn’t be too nervous about the February 1 documents deadline if the uploading is outside our control, right?

You finished in December, right? Have they requested any transcripts for you this month? I know you mentioned before about the ‘Fall results, Winter registration’ item being on your checklist - is that item still there/marked as complete? It might be worth contacting them this week to check in about it, and to make sure they know you are finished all of your courses.

The mass email from admissions said you could also contact student services about transcript issues.

Good luck!

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit
20 minutes ago, EmbeddedClause said:

You finished in December, right? Have they requested any transcripts for you this month? I know you mentioned before about the ‘Fall results, Winter registration’ item being on your checklist - is that item still there/marked as complete? It might be worth contacting them this week to check in about it, and to make sure they know you are finished all of your courses.

The mass email from admissions said you could also contact student services about transcript issues.

Good luck!

Yes, I finished in December. The Fall results, Winter registration item was uploaded by them and checked off before Christmas, luckily. I did contact student services the week before last about my Final, Official transcript but have yet to hear back because they’re crazy busy. There’s just something about reassurance from other applicants and knowing that others are in the same boat as you on this forum, haha. Thank you for the good luck and the reply!

Clarity

user555
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, PsychologicalBug said:

Yes, I finished in December. The Fall results, Winter registration item was uploaded by them and checked off before Christmas, luckily. I did contact student services the week before last about my Final, Official transcript but have yet to hear back because they’re crazy busy. There’s just something about reassurance from other applicants and knowing that others are in the same boat as you on this forum, haha. Thank you for the good luck and the reply!

I am in a similar situation! I went to MacEwan, applied November 28th, and my application still says "awaiting final, official transcript from MacEwan University". I graduated in Spring 2020. Kind of freaking out too but I did e-mail the student recruiter for law Courtney on January 6th explaining my worry re: awaiting transcript and essentially asked if everything was okay/if I needed to take immediate action. She replied: "No worries (and no action required). We will request the transcript from Apply Alberta, which should happen sometime over the next few weeks." Vague on what would happen if it is not in by February 1st but I assume (hope? expect?) everything would be okay. Hope this helps to assuage some of your worries but with the documentation deadline nine days away my concern is slowly but surely turning into panic lol.  

• Like 1

heehee
  • Law Student

Still waiting on U of A to request my Final, Official transcripts from U of C. Getting kind of anxious, hopefully they get them in time. Wish I was allowed to have just sent them in, so that they'd have them already! Have other applicants from Apply Alberta schools seen their transcripts uploaded in a timely fashion?

• Like 1

user789
  • Law Student
On 1/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, user555 said:

am in a similar situation! I went to MacEwan, applied November 28th, and my application still says "awaiting final, official transcript from MacEwan University". I graduated in Spring 2020.

I'm a MacEwan graduate as well (Nov 2021), and sort of the same issue happened to me. When I applied in July (or when ever applications opened) I was still technically a student because I hadn't graduated yet but I wasn't in any classed. I emailed the Student Service Centre and told them my application had "awaiting fall marks from MacEwan" and "official transcript from MacEwan" but I would not have any fall marks to submit since I was done all my classes and just waiting to graduate. They told me when I send my official transcript that both of those would be checked off as completed. Come November when I graduated and I had my transcript sent, my "official transcript from MacEwan" was marked as completed but the "awaiting fall marks from MacEwan" was not. I just followed up with them and in less than 24 hours they updated for me. 

• Like 1

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, heehee said:

Still waiting on U of A to request my Final, Official transcripts from U of C. Getting kind of anxious, hopefully they get them in time. Wish I was allowed to have just sent them in, so that they'd have them already! Have other applicants from Apply Alberta schools seen their transcripts uploaded in a timely fashion?

I'm still awaiting mine, neither have been received. Graduated 2019 from MacEwan, and have some AthabascaU correspondence courses as well. 

I contacted student services last Wednesday to inquire. They said my concerns would be forwarded to admissions, and a representative would be in touch. Nothing yet. I'm assuming it's backlogged, but I feel it's odd they'd be doing rolling admissions already if they haven't received all the documents from those who applied earlier (October for myself). 

• Like 1

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit
13 hours ago, TruthHandlingAbilities said:

I'm still awaiting mine, neither have been received. Graduated 2019 from MacEwan, and have some AthabascaU correspondence courses as well. 

I contacted student services last Wednesday to inquire. They said my concerns would be forwarded to admissions, and a representative would be in touch. Nothing yet. I'm assuming it's backlogged, but I feel it's odd they'd be doing rolling admissions already if they haven't received all the documents from those who applied earlier (October for myself). 

I contacted Student Services by email on the 14th and still haven’t heard back… Man this all is frustrating! We are all waiting for something out of our control. Did you contact them in a way other than email/the form through Launchpad?

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
50 minutes ago, PsychologicalBug said:

I contacted Student Services by email on the 14th and still haven’t heard back… Man this all is frustrating! We are all waiting for something out of our control. Did you contact them in a way other than email/the form through Launchpad?

I phoned them on the 18th, it took a long time to get through. The worker at Student Services said they contacted a colleague, who contacted another colleague in admissions who would be in contact with me. I was sent an email confirming the same from Student Services but still have yet to receive a follow-up from colleague number 2. 

For what it's worth the lady at Student Services was very pleasant. However the hold music is abysmal, and it took me around 40 mins to get through. Also, the automated menu options somewhat reminded me of the tone and cadence of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8OvUMaERj0

Edited by TruthHandlingAbilities
  • LOL 1

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, PsychologicalBug said:

I just got an email back from Student Services. Apparently I didn't include an Alberta Student Number with my application? I don't see anywhere on the form that would indicate such a thing. I've been informed that I need to email U of A admissions with my number, then I need to contact MacEwan and AthabascaU to have my transcripts sent in. With the deadline in 3 business days I don't see how this is possible. I'm beside myself.

Edit: Furthermore they didn't indicate who to email, or provide a number to call. They just said "email the University". 

• Sad 1

EmbeddedClause
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, TruthHandlingAbilities said:

I just got an email back from Student Services. Apparently I didn't include an Alberta Student Number with my application? I don't see anywhere on the form that would indicate such a thing. I've been informed that I need to email U of A admissions with my number, then I need to contact MacEwan and AthabascaU to have my transcripts sent in. With the deadline in 3 business days I don't see how this is possible. I'm beside myself.

Edit: Furthermore they didn't indicate who to email, or provide a number to call. They just said "email the University". 

Oh man, I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I double checked my application, and there is a place where you are supposed to include your Alberta Student Number (it's on the 2nd page of my application proof, under the Alberta Residency section).

I would email Courtney Wagner, the law recruiter (law.recruiter@ualberta.ca), and explain that it took a very long time for Student Services to get back to you about this issue. Hopefully they will grant you a bit of extra time to get your transcripts in.

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
42 minutes ago, EmbeddedClause said:

Oh man, I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I double checked my application, and there is a place where you are supposed to include your Alberta Student Number (it's on the 2nd page of my application proof, under the Alberta Residency section).

I would email Courtney Wagner, the law recruiter (law.recruiter@ualberta.ca), and explain that it took a very long time for Student Services to get back to you about this issue. Hopefully they will grant you a bit of extra time to get your transcripts in.

I'm no longer a resident of Alberta. So I answered "no" when it asked "are you a resident of Alberta". Nowhere else does it ask if I was ever a resident of Alberta in the past, or to provide an ASN. I assumed having listed Albertan post-secondary institutions would indicate that I went to school in Alberta. 

I'll follow up with Courtney again, thank you. 

Edit: Hopefully I didn't gloss over the ASN after I said I wasn't an Albertan resident. Totally possible.

user555
  • Applicant
On 1/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, achryst21 said:

I'm a MacEwan graduate as well (Nov 2021), and sort of the same issue happened to me. When I applied in July (or when ever applications opened) I was still technically a student because I hadn't graduated yet but I wasn't in any classed. I emailed the Student Service Centre and told them my application had "awaiting fall marks from MacEwan" and "official transcript from MacEwan" but I would not have any fall marks to submit since I was done all my classes and just waiting to graduate. They told me when I send my official transcript that both of those would be checked off as completed. Come November when I graduated and I had my transcript sent, my "official transcript from MacEwan" was marked as completed but the "awaiting fall marks from MacEwan" was not. I just followed up with them and in less than 24 hours they updated for me. 

Fair enough! Yeah I graduated in June and my transcript is STILL is showing as "Awaiting final official transcript from MacEwan". I double checked my application and it all looks in order including my ASN. I emailed the law recruiter and am on hold with the U of A. I'm really just hoping this is due to my late application (applied Nov. 28) and a backlog, and not due to a mistake on my part. Regardless I am very very nervous. 

heehee
  • Law Student
45 minutes ago, user555 said:

Fair enough! Yeah I graduated in June and my transcript is STILL is showing as "Awaiting final official transcript from MacEwan". I double checked my application and it all looks in order including my ASN. I emailed the law recruiter and am on hold with the U of A. I'm really just hoping this is due to my late application (applied Nov. 28) and a backlog, and not due to a mistake on my part. Regardless I am very very nervous. 

I discovered that you can log into ApplyAlberta, click on "manage my transcript activities", and from there, you are able to see if U of A has requested your transcript yet. Thankfully, it looks like they requested mine on Monday, so they will hopefully be in by the deadline. If you don't see a request on there and you can't get an answer from U of A in time, I would suggest that you just request an official e-transcript from your university that you can forward to the email they provided (transcripts@ualberta.ca) and then order a physical transcript to be sent to their institution, and email them the receipt. Best of luck!

• Like 1

user555
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, heehee said:

I discovered that you can log into ApplyAlberta, click on "manage my transcript activities", and from there, you are able to see if U of A has requested your transcript yet. Thankfully, it looks like they requested mine on Monday, so they will hopefully be in by the deadline. If you don't see a request on there and you can't get an answer from U of A in time, I would suggest that you just request an official e-transcript from your university that you can forward to the email they provided (transcripts@ualberta.ca) and then order a physical transcript to be sent to their institution, and email them the receipt. Best of luck!

Just looked and called them both indicate they have requested the transcript. They also told me over the phone should the transcript arrive late they take that as their responsibility and we are not liable for that.

• Like 1

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, user555 said:

Just looked and called them both indicate they have requested the transcript. They also told me over the phone should the transcript arrive late they take that as their responsibility and we are not liable for that.

Thank you for letting us know the last bit there!! What a relief to hear. Still waiting for the UofA to get my Final Official transcript from itself lol. 

• Like 1

user555
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, maybemaybe said:

I am awaiting final transcript and LSAT rn lol

On 1/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, PsychologicalBug said:

Thank you for letting us know the last bit there!! What a relief to hear. Still waiting for the UofA to get my Final Official transcript from itself lol. 

Transcript finally received today at 3pm for me. UofA really took it down to the wire haha

• Like 1

maybemaybe
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, user555 said:

Transcript finally received today at 3pm for me. UofA really took it down to the wire haha

still not received for me. neither is lsat. other people have told me i don't have to do anything about this but at this point i keep doubting myself and feeling like I did something wrong haha. But im a uofa student so my final official transcript should come from them

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, maybemaybe said:

still not received for me. neither is lsat. other people have told me i don't have to do anything about this but at this point i keep doubting myself and feeling like I did something wrong haha. But im a uofa student so my final official transcript should come from them

That’s super frustrating. I totally get the second guessing yourself. I did the same. I waited 40mins to get connected with someone from Student Services on chat last Friday afternoon, and when I finally got through they literally just told me “ok I sent a request to admissions to update your checklist for your final, official transcript, it should be there in a couple minutes.” Sure enough, I refreshed the page and the item was checked off. They must have been in the same room lol.

So my checklist is complete, but even then I’m second guessing it, since I didn’t get an email like I did with the others saying my transcript was uploaded and the activity doesn’t show up on ApplyAlberta. I understand being paranoid hahaha

ETA: I would honestly poke them by chat or phone ASAP. It’s their problem/responsibility, so the deadline won’t matter, but still, you want the peace of mind and your application complete!!

EmbeddedClause
  • Law Student

Just checking in with anyone still in school:

Does your application status still say "Your application will be reviewed once you submit the required items in your Application Checklist. An updated status will be posted here when it is available" even though the last required checklist item (Final Official Transcript) won't be sent in until the spring?

It's probably fine, but I'm obsessing over every detail at this point, and it would help to know I'm not the only one. 

• Like 1

AardvaarkLaw
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, EmbeddedClause said:

Does your application status still say "Your application will be reviewed once you submit the required items in your Application Checklist. An updated status will be posted here when it is available" even though the last required checklist item (Final Official Transcript) won't be sent in until the spring?

It's probably fine, but I'm obsessing over every detail at this point, and it would help to know I'm not the only one. 

Yup I’m in the exact same situation 

• Thanks 1

cakecymbal
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, EmbeddedClause said:

Yes, and they let me know over email that that's normal!

• Thanks 1

I received a response from the U of A about my LSAT score today. They confirmed that they have my January score despite Launchpad not updating.

• Like 1