Chances?

Futurelawyer123

erin otoole
  • Lawyer

Impossible to predict Windsor with any certainty, although speaking with many single 1Ls this year a number have gotten in with mid 150s and below LSAT scores, so you might not be SOL. I'm not sure when the deadline for the January LSAT is, but don't through away a year of your life for a couple hundred bucks, go re-write. Great GPA btw, if you can bump up that LSAT you have a great shot at other schools too :).  

• Like 1

Whisk3yjack
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, erin otoole said:

Impossible to predict Windsor with any certainty, although speaking with many single 1Ls this year a number have gotten in with mid 150s and below LSAT scores, so you might not be SOL. I'm not sure when the deadline for the January LSAT is, but don't through away a year of your life for a couple hundred bucks, go re-write. Great GPA btw, if you can bump up that LSAT you have a great shot at other schools too :).  

Agree with this, without knowing what your personal statements look like it's hard to say anything with certainty. I certainly know people who got in with similar stats to yours. The problem with trying to compare you to someone else is that I don't know if they got in because they had decent stats and were also able to frame their time as a camp counsellor where they had one camper with a disability as a lifelong passion for advocating for people with disabilities. 

Either way your stats are good, if you get a higher LSAT it probably doesn't matter and you could get in somewhere else. But, if you have a decent social justice angle to your application I think you would be a competitive candidate.

• Like 1

erin otoole
  • Lawyer
On 12/5/2021 at 12:29 PM, Whisk3yjack said:

But, if you have a decent social justice angle to your application I think you would be a competitive candidate.

The only thing I want to add is there are a number of people in my year, both single and dual, that didn't have a social justice angle to their application. Looking at my resume there was no way to spin that angle. I was honest about my intentions stated what I thought I brought to the table, waitlisted single accepted dual. 

Edited by erin otoole

Futurelawyer123
10 hours ago, erin otoole said:

The only thing I want to add is there are a number of people in my year, both single and dual, that didn't have a social justice angle to their application. Looking at my resume there was no way to spin that angle. I was honest about my intentions stated what I thought I brought to the table, waitlisted single accepted dual. 

Thanks guys. I definitely have a social justice angle in my PS, so hoping for the best.