Chances?

ace24

ace24
  • Law Student

cGPA: 3.85

B2: 3.94

LSAT(s): 152, 156, 167 (Nov 2021).  

EC's: varsity sports 

Recently read on another thread that applications were sorted by cGPA & AVERAGE LSAT score.  My first question is, based on my LSAT history should this negatively impact my chances as there may be fewer available spots when they get to my application?  Second question just pertains to overall chances at Queens.  Thanks in advance!

Kobe
  • Law Student

You’re above both medians. It works in your favour if they are sorting the files by cgpa, 3.85 is more than competitive at Queens. Both your lsat and gpa make it extremely likely you’ll get accepted. Nothing is for certain but you have nothing to worry about.

14 minutes ago, ace24 said:

Appreciate the response, I was worried my lower lsat average might hurt me. 

100% in if B2 are per OLSAS 

Edited by luckycharm

craigfeldspar
  • Law Student

You should be fine, I was accepted with a similar application. Three LSAT attempts, with my last being my highest (165). This is just an assumption but my thinking was that the subsequent higher LSAT grades is a better narrative then the other way around.  My cGPA was ~3.75 and I was also a varsity athlete. The only difference is that I had strong work experience in finance between my undergrad and law school. 

ace24
  • Law Student
44 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

100% in if B2 are per OLSAS 

cGPA & B2 are both per OLSAS 🙂

42 minutes ago, craigfeldspar said:

You should be fine, I was accepted with a similar application. Three LSAT attempts, with my last being my highest (165). This is just an assumption but my thinking was that the subsequent higher LSAT grades is a better narrative then the other way around.  My cGPA was ~3.75 and I was also a varsity athlete. The only difference is that I had strong work experience in finance between my undergrad and law school. 

Good to hear, after being rejected at every school I applied to last cycle (156 lsat) I’m a little paranoid going into this cycle.  Appreciate the help guys! 

2 hours ago, ace24 said:

cGPA & B2 are both per OLSAS 🙂

Good to hear, after being rejected at every school I applied to last cycle (156 lsat) I’m a little paranoid going into this cycle.  Appreciate the help guys! 

You will have another problem this cycle.

too many offers to consider

• Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, ace24 said:

Appreciate the response, I was worried my lower lsat average might hurt me. 

You'll need not worry about averaged LSAT. Queen's makes it explicit that they only look at your best score. 

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 3

ace24
  • Law Student
20 hours ago, luckycharm said:

You will have another problem this cycle.

too many offers to consider

Now that’s a problem I can handle 

• Like 1