Chance me PLS

sjwmk

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit

Just completed my undergrad at U of C this spring and got a full time position shortly after. Also wrote a diversity statement because I come from a marginalized background. I have 10 years of volunteer work, including some legal volunteer work as well. How likely is it that I will receive an offer from U of C this cycle? 

LSAT: 166 (only write)

CGPA: 3.63

L2: 3.56 (self-calculated)

I know my LSAT is competitive, but L2 is not. I have also heard that U of C favors mature students? Not sure how true this is, but they don't generally accept applicants under 22-23 from my understanding. Can someone confirm or deny? 

Thanks in advance!!

Thrive92
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, sjwmk said:

I have also heard that U of C favors mature students? Not sure how true this is, but they don't generally accept applicants under 22-23 from my understanding. Can someone confirm or deny? 

I've never heard anything concrete from the school that indicates that this is true. I remember some applicants from the old website grumbling about this, but this is highly unlikely to be the case.

I would say that you are competitive for this cycle; that LSAT score is going to do you alot of favors. Keep in mind that since you already have your papers in order (LSAT, GPA, etc), I reckon you will hear from them sooner than later.

Good luck.

bluebean
  • Law Student

I've heard the same speculations but as a sample size of 1, I was accepted last cycle at 22. Probably doesn't help much but I personally think they're more PS-heavy than simply preferring mature applicants. 

Good luck!

Renerik
  • Law Student

They're explicit in that they prefer applicants with >=2 years full time work experience (wouldn't call being 24 mature). They've said on their webinar that lacking that work experience won't be detrimental, but they'll expect you to have slightly higher stats to make up for it.

• Like 1

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit
On 12/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Renerik said:

They're explicit in that they prefer applicants with >=2 years full time work experience (wouldn't call being 24 mature). They've said on their webinar that lacking that work experience won't be detrimental, but they'll expect you to have slightly higher stats to make up for it.

Thank you for this insight!