Application status

ellewoodswannabe

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

I am just wondering how long it took for your applications to be completed on dal online? I submitted three weeks ago and my transcript and reference letters still do not show as received.  I know some have received emails to confirm that their files are complete. Also to those who have their files completed, how long after this did you receive a decision/how long have you been waiting since it was completed if you haven't heard yet. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellewoodswannabe said:

I am just wondering how long it took for your applications to be completed on dal online? I submitted three weeks ago and my transcript and reference letters still do not show as received.  I know some have received emails to confirm that their files are complete. Also to those who have their files completed, how long after this did you receive a decision/how long have you been waiting since it was completed if you haven't heard yet. Thanks 🙂

My file has been complete since December 2nd. I haven’t received any emails to confirm that my file is complete & I am still waiting to receive a decision 🙂 

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit

Same here! My LORs were submitted late November, and my application November 30th. Still no updated status for anything but my payment. Their auto-reply email says to allow 2-3 weeks for updates though, so I’ll wait at least one more week before emailing them to inquire. 

Nyscol
  • Law School Admit

FWIW I didn't receive an email indicating my file was completed. My status went straight from "written notification to follow" to accepted. It seems that people have had varied experiences in this regard. 

My last documents were received late October and was accepted November 29th.

• Like 1

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit
12 hours ago, Nyscol said:

FWIW I didn't receive an email indicating my file was completed. My status went straight from "written notification to follow" to accepted. It seems that people have had varied experiences in this regard. 

My last documents were received late October and was accepted November 29th.

Okay, that's really great to know - thank you!

How do you know they were received late October? Was that just when you sent the documents in, or did they update the status of documents on your portal?

miron
  • Applicant

Didn't apply to Dal, but was in a similar situation where I submitted scores and documents to a school and was met with radio silence for at least a month. I emailed the admissions team politely prompting them to update my profile, and they did the very next day. I would suggest you do the same and not worry too much!

• Like 2

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, miron said:

Didn't apply to Dal, but was in a similar situation where I submitted scores and documents to a school and was met with radio silence for at least a month. I emailed the admissions team politely prompting them to update my profile, and they did the very next day. I would suggest you do the same and not worry too much!

Building off that. Tris the person that will likely respond to you from Dal is an absolute gem. She will take care of you. 

Nyscol
  • Law School Admit
23 hours ago, legalkoala said:

Okay, that's really great to know - thank you!

How do you know they were received late October? Was that just when you sent the documents in, or did they update the status of documents on your portal?

October 20th is the day that my last document was marked received on the portal. 

Echoing the sentiments of some of the other commenters I would strongly advise contacting admissions if you haven't already. I have been in contact with Tris on multiple occasions and never once felt like I was being a burden or a nuisance. The replies were always very courteous and prompt.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
aspiringellewoods
  • Applicant

My application 'decision' was changed to "written notification to follow" yesterday. Does anyone know if people who are rejected or waitlisted receive the "written notification to follow" before the end of the admissions process in June?

khaay155
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, aspiringellewoods said:

My application 'decision' was changed to "written notification to follow" yesterday. Does anyone know if people who are rejected or waitlisted receive the "written notification to follow" before the end of the admissions process in June?

My application status went directly to "written notification to follow" once my application was complete.  I think it is intended to be a placeholder.

7 minutes ago, aspiringellewoods said:

What was your Decision status before yesterday, if you don't mind me asking??

• Thanks 1

aspiringellewoods
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, khaay155 said:

My application status went directly to "written notification to follow" once my application was complete.  I think it is intended to be a placeholder.

What was your Decision status before yesterday, if you don't mind me asking??

I swear it still said, "incomplete items withstanding" or something along those lines. But maybe it didn't hahaha. 

• Thanks 1

ELIAK
  • Applicant

My portal application states "incomplete items outstanding" with "written notification to follow". I have submitted all of the required documentation to complete my application so I was also confused. I contacted their admissions department and received the following feedback. 

"It normally takes us several weeks to acknowledge receipt of supporting documents on the Online Application Portal due to two main factors. First, we cannot update the Online Application Portal until your Online Application is received by our office.  It can take up to 3 weeks from the date you complete your Online Application and pay the fee, before we receive your Application.  Second, we receive high volumes of email and supporting documents every day. 

Rest assured we will acknowledge receipt of your supporting documents in due course. Please allow at least 5 more weeks for the information to be updated on our system. After that, log back into the Online Application Portal to check the status of your JD application and the receipt of your supporting documents.  This is a manual process that takes time. We are updating our system on an ongoing basis as supporting documents are received and processed. We will let you know by email when your file is complete or if you are missing documents. 

We will accept documents received after the Feb 28 deadline, provided they are received within a reasonable period."

Very comforting!

• Like 1