Accepted 2022

Renerik
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Renerik
  • Law Student

Received the email 10 minutes ago.

L2: 3.92 on UCalgary's scale

LSAT: 169

Military service, lots of work experience (including 2yr+ as full time), STEM degree.

• Like 8
  • Nom! 1

• Renerik pinned this topic
IvyS03
  • Applicant

Got the email today. 169, International Gpa. Equivalent to a 3.75. Electrical engineering background. 9 months of work ex.

• Like 2

thelawbean
  • Law Student

Haven't got the email yet but checked my status checker and was accepted this afternoon! 

L2: 3.97/4.0
LSAT: 165 (one take)

Out of province applicant, applied Nov 5th, still waiting to hear from others but Calgary is a top choice!

Edited by thelawbean
  • Like 4

Borat
  • Law Student

No email for me (yet), but status shows an acceptance!

L2: 3.83/4.0

LSAT: 166

No special factors were part of my application. Extracurriculars consisted of just some work and volunteer experience during undergrad.

Applied late October, acceptance deadline (along with a $500 deposit) is March 31, 2022.

• Like 2

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit

I'm in the same boat as Borat-no email but my status shows as accepted.

LSAT = 166

GPA = 3.6ish/4 for L20

Strong PS, PhD in stem, work experience, academic publications.

Applied Nov. 8

Will be declining the offer

Edited by bagelfan

User456
  • Law School Admit
44 minutes ago, bagelfan said:

I'm in the same boat as Borat-no email but my status shows as accepted.

LSAT = 166

GPA = 3.6ish/4 for L20

Strong PS, PhD in stem, work experience, academic publications.

Applied Nov. 8

Will be declining the offer

Congrats on the acceptance! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean all of your application was submitted and complete (transcripts uploaded and lsat score etc) by November 8th?

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit
41 minutes ago, Meek19 said:

Congrats on the acceptance! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean all of your application was submitted and complete (transcripts uploaded and lsat score etc) by November 8th?

Thanks! It's not a dumb question at all. I believe I submitted everything on Nov 8, if I had anything outstanding then it would have been submitted on Nov 14. I'm a UCalgary grad so I didn't need to submit my transcripts and LSAC says UCalgary requested my LSAT scores on Nov 15. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Like 1

EagerApp
  • Applicant

No email yet - but my status just updated to accepted.

LSAT = 166

L20 = 3.55 

Dual degree during undergrad, volunteer experience, part-time and full-time work while in university, 2 years full-time work since graduating.

Application was submitted October 31 and my LSAT/transcript was added to my file by early November.

Will be accepting.

• Like 2

EagerApp
  • Applicant
On 12/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, thelawbean said:

Haven't got the email yet but checked my status checker and was accepted this afternoon! 

L2: 3.97/4.0
LSAT: 165 (one take)

Out of province applicant, applied Nov 5th, still waiting to hear from others but Calgary is a top choice!

Just out of curiosity, did you ever end up getting an email/letter?

thelawbean
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, EagerApp said:

Just out of curiosity, did you ever end up getting an email/letter?

I never got an email which seemed odd, but on the 21st the offer letter appeared on my portal! Also, congrats! Hopefully I'll see ya there in the fall.

Edited by thelawbean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIGGO
  • Applicant

Might be a dumb question, but on your portal before the acceptance status did it just say "Your application to the Faculty of Law has been received"?

Just want to make sure I am looking at the right portal haha.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!!

Edited by SIGGO

1 hour ago, SIGGO said:

Might be a dumb question, but on your portal before the acceptance status did it just say "Your application to the Faculty of Law has been received"?

Just want to make sure I am looking at the right portal haha.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!!

That's what mine says. I had no idea I was supposed to check in a different portal to the portal that I used to submit my information. I've been checking the wrong one this whole time. 

User456
  • Law School Admit
41 minutes ago, RC51 said:

That's what mine says. I had no idea I was supposed to check in a different portal to the portal that I used to submit my information. I've been checking the wrong one this whole time. 

Wait, where are we supposed to check if not there?

Edited by Meek19

toro-nigiri
  • Applicant
28 minutes ago, Meek19 said:

Wait, where are we supposed to check if not there?

There should be a link in the email you got when you submitted your application!

• 2 weeks later...
Sentimentalz
  • Applicant

ACCEPTED today, Jan 3, 2021

L2: 3.75   LSAT 165 (Nov write).  EC: 2 part time jobs (held one for about 8 years), and volunteered experience in 3 clubs.

Will be accepting, Good luck everyone and look forward to meeting y'all in fall 2022!!!!

• Like 6

ttt
  • Applicant

Got the email today at 9:44am MT & will be accepting!

LSAT: 165 (only take)

L2: 3.66

cGPA: 3.518

3~ years part time work experience before/during my undergrad. Summer internship, semester abroad, and 5~ months volunteering. 
Graduated from UCalgary this year with a combined degree (double major) and a minor. 
I also chose to write the optional paper. 

• Like 2

PuzzleheadedStorm268

Just got the email!

CGPA: 3.49/4.0

LSAT: 171

mediocre extracurriculars and part-time work experience

• Like 1

rinse-repeat
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, ttt said:

Got the email today at 9:44am MT & will be accepting!

LSAT: 165 (only take)

L2: 3.66

cGPA: 3.518

3~ years part time work experience before/during my undergrad. Summer internship, semester abroad, and 5~ months volunteering. 
Graduated from UCalgary this year with a combined degree (double major) and a minor. 
I also chose to write the optional paper. 

congratulations on the acceptance! When you say optional paper, do you mean the special facts? 

• Like 1

Ital
  • Law School Admit
26 minutes ago, PuzzleheadedStorm268 said:

Just got the email!

CGPA: 3.49/4.0

LSAT: 171

mediocre extracurriculars and part-time work experience

Congrats! What is your L2 GPA?

• Like 1

ttt
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, rinse-repeat said:

congratulations on the acceptance! When you say optional paper, do you mean the special facts? 

Yes! My bad, totally forgot what it was called when I wrote that haha

• Thanks 1

neonisblue
  • Applicant

Just got the email this morning. Still waiting on others so not accepting yet.

LSAT: 170 (3rd take)

GPA L2: 3.7/4.0

Submitted on Nov 28. Solid PS, 4 years' experience in the charity sector, didn't write a diversity/special facts statement. My CGPA is pretty mediocre (with some D/F/Ws) so I'm very happy with the result.