Accepted 2022

Renerik
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

Accepted Feb. 28th!

LSAT 161

cGPA 3.92

Ontario resident but have Alberta connection.

• Like 3

Ital
  • Law School Admit
7 minutes ago, Latte_Specter14 said:

Accepted Feb. 28th!

LSAT 161

cGPA 3.92

Ontario resident but have Alberta connection.

Congrats! Is your L2 GPA similar to your cGPA?

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Ital said:

Congrats! Is your L2 GPA similar to your cGPA?

I think it's identical lol

wannabelawyer
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, legal101 said:

Accepted Feb 7th!

LSAT 164 

cGPA: 3.2

Ontario resident.

Congrats!!!

Did you apply in the general category?

Ital
  • Law School Admit
4 hours ago, legal101 said:

Accepted Feb 7th!

LSAT 164 

cGPA: 3.2

Ontario resident.

Congrats! What is your L2 GPA?

legal101
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, wannabelawyer said:

Congrats!!!

Did you apply in the general category?

Thank you! Yes I did!

16 hours ago, Ital said:

Congrats! What is your L2 GPA?

Thanks! I'm not sure but I think it's like 3.6-3.7

thelawwon
  • Law School Admit

Accepted February 14th ...but I didn't find out until last week. It's insane that there isn't even a generic email sent out. 

LSAT: 161, L2: 3.7

Master's degree and several years of experience working in policy and law. Strong/relevant extracurriculars. Waitlisted last year. 

• Like 1

sandibay
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Feb 18

cGPA: 3.1 L2: 3.3 LSAT 157

Master's degree. 4 years of work experience in tech and marketing. Long history of volunteering with children, the elderly, and new immigrants.

Ontario resident. Applied BSAP.

• Like 2

Albertaapplicant
  • Law School Admit

Accepted! (Feb. 4)

GPA: 3.84 (for last 60 credits) LSAT: 161

I'm currently doing an MA, work experience but unrelated to the legal field, student groups, etc.

Congrats everyone! I plan to accept the offer if I do not get into UofA

Rocksandwater
  • Applicant

Accepted Friday, March 11th. Alberta resident. B.Sc. Honours Undergrad, 4 years of industry work experience. 
LSAT:162 L2:3.33

• Like 1

angryturtle
15 minutes ago, Rocksandwater said:

Accepted Friday, March 11th. Alberta resident. B.Sc. Honours Undergrad, 4 years of industry work experience. 
LSAT:162 L2:3.33

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when your file became complete? 

Rocksandwater
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, angryturtle said:

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when your file became complete? 

Actually it was kind of weird, it went from “your application has been received” directly to “you have been accepted”. 

• Like 2

westvillage
  • Applicant

Accepted on Feb 14th. 

cGPA: 2.6  LSAT:167  L2: Around 3.6 (not sure about this one)

Decent amount of volunteer work, one year of full-time work experience

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ChipOnMyShoulder

Accepted March 21

L2: 3.4 LSAT: 161

Volunteered throughout my two undergrads focusing on three organizations. Worked for almost two years post graduation full-time. 

Extremely grateful.

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
12 minutes ago, ChipOnMyShoulder said:

Accepted March 21

L2: 3.4 LSAT: 161

Volunteered throughout my two undergrads focusing on three organizations. Worked for almost two years post graduation full-time. 

Extremely grateful.

Congratulations! May I ask if you were waitlisted prior to being accepted?

ChipOnMyShoulder
5 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

Congratulations! May I ask if you were waitlisted prior to being accepted?

Nope! I was just accepted right off the bat.

kitty123
  • Law School Admit

Accepted yesterday, did not receive an email but I just happened to check the portal today and saw the letter. 

L2: 3.92 (OLSAS)

LSAT: 161

No work experience, but decent softs. 

I will likely be rejecting UofC’s offer, and I also want to point out the fact that it seems strange to only give admitted students 3 days to make the decision to reject/accept the offer as well as put in a substantial deposit. 

• Like 1

SK1373
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, kitty123 said:

Accepted yesterday, did not receive an email but I just happened to check the portal today and saw the letter. 

I will likely be rejecting UofC’s offer, and I also want to point out the fact that it seems strange to only give admitted students 3 days to make the decision to reject/accept the offer as well as put in a substantial deposit. 

Do you mind if I ask when your application was completed? did you have any courses in the fall term? my stats are very close to yours (3.93, 159) and I am still waiting to hear back...and I have 10+ years of work experience both PT & FT

kitty123
  • Law School Admit
Just now, SK1373 said:

Do you mind if I ask when your application was completed? did you have any courses in the fall term? my stats are very close to yours (3.93, 159) and I am still waiting to hear back...and I have 10+ years of work experience both PT & FT

UofC didn’t get my transcripts until February 9, I was pushing the deadline pretty close. I did have fall courses but no winter courses this year. I hope you hear back soon and I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 1

SK1373
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, kitty123 said:

UofC didn’t get my transcripts until February 9, I was pushing the deadline pretty close. I did have fall courses but no winter courses this year. I hope you hear back soon and I wish you the best of luck!

Ooooh okay, so we were in similar-ish positions. I really hope I hear some good news soon. I'm assuming you're rejecting your offer because you're going somewhere else so congratulations on that!!!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
21 minutes ago, kitty123 said:

Wow, I mean first congrats! But 3 days is really strange. I know that the first offers had till March 31st, but I didn’t think they would leave that deadline for this late in the “first wave”. The only other shorter deadlines I’ve seen is TRU with anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks. Seems like they are really pressing for decisions, in hopes of avoiding over enrolment. Yeesh!  

kitty123
  • Law School Admit
26 minutes ago, SK1373 said:

Ooooh okay, so we were in similar-ish positions. I really hope I hear some good news soon. I'm assuming you're rejecting your offer because you're going somewhere else so congratulations on that!!!

Yes that’s exactly why! I hope you hear back soon!

15 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Wow, I mean first congrats! But 3 days is really strange. I know that the first offers had till March 31st, but I didn’t think they would leave that deadline for this late in the “first wave”. The only other shorter deadlines I’ve seen is TRU with anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks. Seems like they are really pressing for decisions, in hopes of avoiding over enrolment. Yeesh!  

I totally agree, I would have rather been left waiting to hear a decision for a little bit longer than have to choose whether to accept or decline in such a short time frame! Hopefully the spot I’m giving up helps someone hear back a little earlier though. 

• Like 1

WizzJarrow
  • Applicant

Quick question,

Has anyone else received an official e-mail regarding acceptance? I still haven't seen anything other than the letter/in my portal after I paid the deposit acknowledging the payment had been received