Accepted (Common Law) 2022

law000099
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

law000099
  • Law School Admit

Happy to start this thread off!

cGPA:3.95

LSAT:159

Very strong references, TA experience, Finance co-op experience 

Good luck to everyone! We got this 🙂 

Edit: no email yet, checked portal!

Edited by zzzz34
  • Like 7

YNWA
  • Applicant

Accepted!!

GPA: 3.95

LSAT: 172

Pretty average references and EC's I'd say, nothing that would set me apart. 

Good luck everyone and congratulations to all accepted!!!

• Like 1

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

Accepted!! (first acceptance and couldn't be happier)

cGPA: 3.95 

LSAT: 159 

President of club, executive member of club and a few volunteer positions. 

Unique personal statement and strong references. 

no email, checked portal thanks to @zzzz34and my obsession with checking these forums. Paid off today. Thanks for posting 🙂 

Edited by ellewoodswannabe
  • Like 1

Danarb
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning. 

gen category

olsas cgpa: 3.88

LSAT: 158

ec’s: co-op work terms with the government, volunteer with a local organization, member of a few clubs, bilingual, intramurals and a note taker for students with academic accommodations 

Swan
  • Applicant

Was accepted yesterday!

cGPA: 3.87
B3: 3.89
LSAT: 170 (Feb 2021)

KJD, I worked a shitty retail job all through school so my ECs aren't great, but my refs are strong

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

Accepted yesterday! This was my first acceptance so it feels nice 🙂

cGPA 3.92

LSAT 161

Lots of internships, multiple TA positions, average EC's.

Got email Dec. 16, but acceptance date was Dec. 15. Offer was viewable on OUAC today (Dec. 17)

All the best to everyone else still waiting!

Edited by Latte_Specter14

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

ACCEPTED!

LSAT: 153

GPA: 3.74 (B2: 3.97)

Strong EC's and work experiences and personal statement 

Access & General 

Edited by jomar

Accepted this morning!

CGPA: 3.34

LSAT: 164

Decent ECs: student union, research assistantships. Work experience in the military.

I am overjoyed right now, this is my first acceptance! Best of luck to everyone! 😁

• Like 4

greenlaw_aspirant
  • Applicant

Got an email from uOZone saying a decision was made this morning. Accepted!

LSAT: 158 (highest)

cGPA: 3.83

Categories: Access and General

Other qualifications: Honours degree and thesis, 2 publications, student union board member, social sciences co-op, strong employment and academic references, non-profit work experience, and various other volunteer and extracurricular activities (both on and off campus)

Still have not yet accepted my offer, since I am waiting to hear from some other schools too. 

Edited by greenlaw_aspirant

justtrynagetin
  • Applicant

LSAT: 153

cGPA: 3.88 (3.94 B2)

Applied for General and Access categories. Wrote the LSAT without my accommodations. 

Lots of EC's (between 5-7 positions per term) and a school team, work experience at a firm and two co-op placements in business. Solid references.  

Email to check uoZone today (Jan 13) but the letter was dated Jan 12. Best of luck to all😊

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student

Got an email this morning to check and portal and I literally started crying. I have my LSAT on Saturday to write and Ottawa rejected last year but they accepted me with the same stats this year. I worked so hard on that personal statement and explained my circumstances. This school is so holistic and so understanding. I applied as an access student. 

GPA: 3.85

LSAT: 152 

Good luck to everyone :)

• Like 5

unknown24
  • Applicant

Congrats! I am curious - what percentage of your PS was explaining circumstances vs demonstrating how you possess required skills? That is the part I struggled with because of course you want to include information to explain why stats arent as high as they could be but also want to highlight why you would be successful despite that... 

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today, 3.04 cGPA, 173 LSAT, mature applicant with ten years in the CAF. Lots of varied ECs and strong LoRs. 

• Like 5

Received my email this morning (Jan 14) and I am overjoyed and just want to scream!!!!
CGPA: 3.59

L2: 3.73

B2: 3.80

LSAT: 164

I also applied in the access category and did my undergrad at uOttawa. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

• Like 2

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
8 hours ago, unknown24 said:

Congrats! I am curious - what percentage of your PS was explaining circumstances vs demonstrating how you possess required skills? That is the part I struggled with because of course you want to include information to explain why stats arent as high as they could be but also want to highlight why you would be successful despite that... 

I’m not sure if this question is for me but I did say I talked about my circumstances. I wrote a whole paragraph about my situation of not taking 5 courses per semester because my mom was in the hospital. I also talked about systematic barriers I faced in school with IEP and ESL. So I brought my circumstances into both in a way. But I also made sure I made the first half of the personal statement for the first part about why Ottawa specifically. 
 I did tell them despite not taking 5 courses per term I’m confident I will excel in law school. Don’t be afraid to pour your soul into that statement because I took a step back last year and decided not to be too vulnerable and applied using access with documentation and they ended up being the first school to accept me this year rather than the last to reject me last cycle in July. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me 🙂

Edited by shawarmalaw

PuzzleheadedStorm268

accepted yesterday!!!!

CGPA: 3.49/4.0

LSAT: 171

mediocre extracurriculars and part-time work experience

Edited by PuzzleheadedStorm268

unknown24
  • Applicant

On 1/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, shawarmalaw said:

I’m not sure if this question is for me but I did say I talked about my circumstances. I wrote a whole paragraph about my situation of not taking 5 courses per semester because my mom was in the hospital. I also talked about systematic barriers I faced in school with IEP and ESL. So I brought my circumstances into both in a way. But I also made sure I made the first half of the personal statement for the first part about why Ottawa specifically. 
 I did tell them despite not taking 5 courses per term I’m confident I will excel in law school. Don’t be afraid to pour your soul into that statement because I took a step back last year and decided not to be too vulnerable and applied using access with documentation and they ended up being the first school to accept me this year rather than the last to reject me last cycle in July. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me 🙂

It was yes! Thank you for that... I am (embarrassingly) on my third try applying to school and in the first two attempts I think had put too much emphasis on the challenges I faced and not enough on the why I would be able to succeed (or at least I think I could?) but this third time I think I had a nice balance... though I just don't know if it is enough to overcompensate for the grades and not-so-stellar LSAT. I am worried I was too vulnerable in my PS though, not regrettably because what I included was important and relevant I think, but just not sure if it will be received as such. Congrats again!

• Like 2