Accepted (Common Law) 2022

law000099
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Crispy Boi
  • Law Student

Accepted on Feb 16

cgpa: 2.53 (lol)  B2/L2: 3.9

Lsat: 165 

Applied access and general. Pretty unique circumstances - did a BSc and nearly failed out multiple times, went back to do a second degree in criminology and maintained a 3.9 throughout, which is why my gpa is like that. Lots of work and volunteer experience and really strong references, 1 professional, 1 academic

I’m pretty surprised I got in, but really pleased and will most likely be accepting!

• Like 6

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, Crispy Boi said:

Accepted on Feb 16

cgpa: 2.53 (lol)  B2/L2: 3.9

Lsat: 165 

Applied access and general. Pretty unique circumstances - did a BSc and nearly failed out multiple times, went back to do a second degree in criminology and maintained a 3.9 throughout, which is why my gpa is like that. Lots of work and volunteer experience and really strong references, 1 professional, 1 academic

I’m pretty surprised I got in, but really pleased and will most likely be accepting!

Awesome - and I guess that puts a bit of doubt that Ottawa is a cGPA school.  Maybe since you have 2 degrees, they weighed the Crim one as more representative of your academic abilities?

@Crispy BoiYou just gave me a lot of hope! I am almost on the exact same boat, my first degree is  Bsc, but due to my immigration and language issues, I did  horribly at the start, had to finish to degree to start immigration process; came back did a second degree in Psych when my immigration is settled. My GPA is 2.69, L2 is 3.72 on OLSAS, and 163 LSAT, volunteer and work experiences included, same type of references. finger crossed! 

Jooj
  • Law School Admit
On 2/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, raisinbagel said:

I'm a long time lurker and received the email this morning when I woke up! This is my first acceptance so I'm pretty excited 🙂

cGPA: 3.9, L2: 3.95

LSAT: 162 (January 2022)

Third year applicant

ECs include varsity athletics, individual supervised research, multiple part-time jobs, numerous volunteer positions (both on and off campus) 

Congrats! Did you have a previous LSAT score on file or just Jan 22'?

Crispy Boi
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, dimsum1 said:

Awesome - and I guess that puts a bit of doubt that Ottawa is a cGPA school.  Maybe since you have 2 degrees, they weighed the Crim one as more representative of your academic abilities?

That is literally exactly what I said in my personal statement. I think that when you look at my application holistically (overall experiences, clear improvement in academics, etc) I am a strong candidate, but I was surprised by the Ottawa offer. I had been thinking I had a shot at Ryerson, and maybe Windsor, but that any other applications were me throwing spaghetti at the wall. I think this is a good indicator that maybe Ottawa is also going a more holistic route for admissions (which I appreciate, thank you Ottawa).

2 hours ago, RKCkawmaybe said:

@Crispy BoiYou just gave me a lot of hope! I am almost on the exact same boat, my first degree is  Bsc, but due to my immigration and language issues, I did  horribly at the start, had to finish to degree to start immigration process; came back did a second degree in Psych when my immigration is settled. My GPA is 2.69, L2 is 3.72 on OLSAS, and 163 LSAT, volunteer and work experiences included, same type of references. finger crossed! 

Good luck, I hope you get in! It sucks that bad early undergrad experiences can have such long consequences. But, they clearly took my academic improvement into account, so I think that’s a good sign for people in our position 🙂

• Like 1

blackeye
  • Applicant

Admitted just now!

3.05 cGPA , 3.8 L2/B2, 170 LSAT

Regular extracurriculars, couple internships / other work experience! 

• Like 2

MollyDucker
  • Law School Admit

Admitted just now! No email yet, but it's on the UoZone page.

3.32 gpa, 3.7-ish B2,  171 LSAT.

Applied access (health issues) and general.

Lots of extracurriculars, work experience in international development.

This is my first acceptance so I am over the moon!

• Like 2

stk97
  • Law School Admit

just got the email!

CGPA: 3.0, L2: 3.89, LSAT: 160

applied special circumstances

• Like 3

chip_skylark
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning!

cGPA: 3.76

B2/L2: 3.97

LSAT: 154 (Jan 2022)

ABS: significant work/extracurricular/volunteer experience + finished master's degree

Applied access

After I got my LSAT score back, I was completely unsure how things would turn out this cycle. Ottawa truly is a holistic school.

• Like 2

LilSeedling
  • Applicant

Accepted today! I am so so happy. 😃 cGPA: 3.65 - 3.68 (I forget exactly what it was as per OLSAS) & 157 LSAT!

• Like 4

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning! suuper excited bc its my second acceptance this cycle

cGPA: ~3.6 according to OLSAS

LSAT: 157 

deadline to accept is april 1st!

Edited by brokenegg
added deadline
  • Like 1

ComTruise
  • Law School Admit

Admitted a few days ago, general applicant!

CGPA OLSAS: 3.74

LSAT: 138, 154

Been out of school for about 2 years after receiving my Master's

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Miles
  • Law School Admit

Accepted on 27th Feb. Submitted application 15 minutes before deadline. General applicant. Cgpa 3.54. LSAT 159 (5 years ago, just made the cut-off date to use).

Minimal EC: Volunteer note-taker for students registered with accessibilities services (on campus), mentor/tutor high school students in neighborhood I grew up in (off campus). 

Worked near full-time hours during undergrad. 

• Like 3

Lsatisabith101
  • Applicant

Accepted.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.77 predicted 3.8, currently in final year of undergrad

LSAT 152 (I know, IDK how this got me in either)

General Category.

College Diploma, GASU. 

4.5 yrs work exp, mostly manual labour. 

Few extra curriculars. I worked over the summer breaks for money. Currently in a few exp learning/internships for course credit. 

Email appeared in 'other' section, and on uzone, then showed up on OLSAS a few days later. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

• Like 4

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email at 8:34 am. 

162. 3.86 CGPA/L2

will be declining. Congrats and best of luck to everyone 

cactus
  • Law Student

Accepted this morning!

cGPA 3.96

LSAT: 162 (August 2021)

Will be declining, best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Motherofdragons
  • Law Student

Accepted this morning. Ngl I didn’t expect a positive response from uOttawa.

cGPA: 3.1; L2: 3.7/3.8 

MA: A

LSAT: 155

7 years of work with marginalized communities, including during studies.

• Like 2

Petronas
  • Law Student

Accepted today. No email or update on uozone but an offer shows up on OLSAS... 

cGPA: 3.78, LSAT: 161 

Will be declining, but best of luck to those still waiting 

heyhey
  • Law Student

Accepted today! 

cGPA: 3.92, LSAT: 157

Applied general. I think my cGPA, LORs, and ECs really helped compensate for my LSAT. Will most likely be accepting as it is my first choice.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

itsyaboy
  • Law School Admit

Accepted on Feb. 17 

cGPA: 3.47

LSAT: 164

Strong LORs and ECs

Not sure if accepting yet.

Notified via email. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

WalkingonSunshine
  • Law School Admit

Admitted this evening!

CGPA: 3.99

LSAT: 160 (January 2022)

Strong references, lots of volunteer work, work for a not-for-profit, tutor, work for the Dean, and held 2-3 jobs throughout undergrad

Congratulations to all of those accepted, and good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 4

Bluedolphin
  • Law School Admit

I got an acceptance a couple days ago! I got a notification to check the admissions portal. I think my cumulative GPA is around 3.6 (last two years 3.8). LSAT 163. 😀 Very excited - Ottawa seems awesome. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1