Accepted 2022

HopefulStudy
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

HopefulStudy
  • Applicant

Just got an offer emailed and posted to the LaunchPad a few minutes ago!

cGPA: 3.73

LSAT: 172

I'm just finishing up my fourth year, so I was not expecting this until I had submitted my fall results in January. Best of luck to everybody as the offers roll out!

• Like 5

Ital
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, HopefulStudy said:

Just got an offer emailed and posted to the LaunchPad a few minutes ago!

cGPA: 3.73

LSAT: 172

I'm just finishing up my fourth year, so I was not expecting this until I had submitted my fall results in January. Best of luck to everybody as the offers roll out!

Congratulations!

What was your L2 GPA?

HopefulStudy
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, Ital said:

Congratulations!

What was your L2 GPA?

Thanks so much! Apologies, I am not quite sure about my L2. I think it is around 3.8 by UAlberta's standards?

Renerik
  • Law Student

L20: 3.92 on UofA's 4.0 scale.
LSAT: 169 (June), 169 (August).
PS: Military stuff, volunteering, low SES background (Not that I think they read it)

Completed my app on July 14th. Offered >10K in scholarships. 

Will be accepting unless I get a clutch last minute offer from McGill.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

feeltheburn
  • Law School Admit

Accepted an hour ago. 
L2: 3.9 LSAT: 167 

One year FT work experience.

Previous applicant (x2) and previously accepted(x2). Maybe they just got tired of me 😛

• Like 2

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Accepted a few hours ago as well! Will be declining as I have been accepted to another school I prefer. 

LSAT: 166 

L2 GPA: 3.9 according to OLSAS 

PS: talked about my strong interest in healthcare law, leadership experience in a judicial role throughout undergrad, volunteering at a local pro bono legal services clinic 

Applied end of November. 

• Like 1

rinse-repeat
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, GreenTree said:

Received a (conditional) offer today as well! 

L20: Around 3.8 

LSAT:170 

Just completing my fourth year!

Congratulations (amazing LSAT btw)!! Just wondering as I am in my fourth year as well and graduating in May, did you send UAlberta your transcripts already without fall 2021 term grades?

Edited by rinse-repeat

GreenTree
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, rinse-repeat said:

Congratulations (amazing LSAT btw)!! Just wondering as I am in my fourth year as well and graduating in May, did you send UAlberta your transcripts already without fall 2021 term grades?

Thank you! I'm so thrilled! They emailed me a couple weeks ago asking for unofficial versions of my transcripts so I emailed them over and my fall 2021 grades weren't on them. I'll still need to send them my official transcript when my fall semester is over though and then again when I graduate in May! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hdawg
  • Law School Admit

Just got mine. Current 4th yr at U of A

GPA

Total: 3.97

L2: 4.0

169 LSAT

Offered 12,500 in entry scholarships. 

• Like 4

bilron
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, hdawg said:

Just got mine. Current 4th yr at U of A

GPA

Total: 3.97

L2: 4.0

169 LSAT

Offered 12,500 in entry scholarships. 

Wow that's awesome. Are these entry scholarships part of the awards you can apply for come January? Or incentives from the school to draw certain applicants?

I also got an offer today.

L2: 3.96

167 LSAT

Mature student with over a decade of professional experience.

• Like 1

Renerik
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, bilron said:

Wow that's awesome. Are these entry scholarships part of the awards you can apply for come January?

I suspect that me and @hdawg are 2 of the 4(? 12500x4) to get the Faculty of Law Entrance Scholarship. This is not one of the awards you apply for.

image.png

• Renerik pinned this topic
Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

Even if you dont get an entrace scholarship its all good. Ive gotten at least 15K each year from the bursary application just from being poor af lol

Edited by Lilbb19
  • Like 2

Jack Frost
  • Law School Admit

Got accepted today. Interestingly enough, I hadn't had the chance yet to submit a personal statement yet. LSAT: 173, Total GPA; 3.85, but my last two years would be 4.0+. Have been offered a +$15,000 entrance scholarship. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

hdawg
  • Law School Admit
15 hours ago, bilron said:

Wow that's awesome. Are these entry scholarships part of the awards you can apply for come January? Or incentives from the school to draw certain applicants?

I also got an offer today.

L2: 3.96

167 LSAT

Mature student with over a decade of professional experience.

I honestly don't know. I just got a separate email with a PDF letter offering me the scholarship. Never applied for it or anything

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Borat
  • Law Student

No email or letter but it appears I'm in on Launchpad! Is it the same for anyone else? It's worded pretty weird: "Reply to Offer of Admission Program Choice One" appears there with an option to accept with a deposit of $1000.

LSAT: 166

L2 GPA: 4.0 (87%)

Applied in October. LSAT and transcripts received in late December.

• Like 1