Student life at Ryerson?

Lawhopeful420
  • Law School Admit

I recently got admitted to Lincoln Alexander Law and I'm almost certain I'll accept but I had some questions since there isn't much information out there. How is the student life like? Is it mainly a commuter school or do the law students typically get a place nearby and it's a close knit community? Is the downtown lifestyle part of the school experience and is there a party scene? Where are the best neighbourhoods to look for renting/buying a condo nearby? Do you think Ryerson is competitive for Bay Street firms based on your experiences? And lastly do you enjoy your classes and consider your profs to be inspirational?

aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Lawhopeful420 said:

I recently got admitted to Lincoln Alexander Law and I'm almost certain I'll accept but I had some questions since there isn't much information out there. How is the student life like? Is it mainly a commuter school or do the law students typically get a place nearby and it's a close knit community? Is the downtown lifestyle part of the school experience and is there a party scene? Where are the best neighbourhoods to look for renting/buying a condo nearby? Do you think Ryerson is competitive for Bay Street firms based on your experiences? And lastly do you enjoy your classes and consider your profs to be inspirational?

Hey! I am not at Lincoln Alexander but I did do my undergrad at Ryerson. I personally loved my time there and student life there is amazing, it's culturally diverse and accepting, and there's soo many great food spots near there (if that's your thing). I would say it mostly is a commuter school but there are definitely some people that live in Toronto as well so you won't be one of few if you're living on campus. Although Ryerson law isn't completely established yet and we won't know how competitive it is at Bay St until we see the inaugurating class' employment stats. However, based on my conversations with a few partners at firms, they are looking forward to hiring LASL grads based on the fact that Ryerson prepares its students for real world work and with their focus on innovation, makes students stand out. 

• Like 2