Jump to content

No File Updates since Nov. 30?


Latte_Specter14
 Share

Recommended Posts

Latte_Specter14
  • Applicant

So I applied to Dal on November 29, sent the transcript and application. However, my file has not been updated since November 30, and does not show that they've received my Transcript, LSAT, references, statement etc. I sent my references in mid-November before I had actually applied. Should I be concerned or is it normal to wait almost a month during the busy season? Wanted to make sure before following up. I got the confirmation email Dec. 2 that they had received my application. Any thoughts appreciated! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

legalkoala
  • Applicant

 

5 hours ago, Latte_Specter14 said:

So I applied to Dal on November 29, sent the transcript and application. However, my file has not been updated since November 30, and does not show that they've received my Transcript, LSAT, references, statement etc. I sent my references in mid-November before I had actually applied. Should I be concerned or is it normal to wait almost a month during the busy season? Wanted to make sure before following up. I got the confirmation email Dec. 2 that they had received my application. Any thoughts appreciated! 🙂

I'm in the same boat as you (sending references in mid-November before submitting and everything!) but their automatic email response now says to allow for an additional 4 weeks (on top of the original 2-3 week timeline) before document statuses are updated. I guess that means things should be updated by or around mid-January.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bigdog
  • Law Student

Same on my end. Everything in week before deadline, still nothing except for transcript confirmation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vegantoady
  • Applicant

I applied in September and my referees submitted very close to the deadline - took till Nov. 25 and Dec. 10 for my reference letters to show as received. No updates since!

LSAT 164 & L2 ~3.9.

😮

Edited by Vegantoady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
rinse-repeat
  • Applicant

In the same boat, applied Nov. 30. I'm sure they are very busy, but I am a little paranoid that I sent my transcript (by mail) to the wrong address. Did anyone send docs to their physical address and receive confirmation of receipt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Busta
  • Applicant

I sent my transcript (by mail) in late October and it was received by Dal in early November. I recently submitted my updated transcript with fall grades to all the schools I applied too but Dal (and Dal alone) has yet to acknowledge it/update my file. I assume they're just super busy and slowly coming back from the winter break but I might send them an email if I don't see any update in the next few weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rinse-repeat
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, Busta said:

I sent my transcript (by mail) in late October and it was received by Dal in early November. I recently submitted my updated transcript with fall grades to all the schools I applied too but Dal (and Dal alone) has yet to acknowledge it/update my file. I assume they're just super busy and slowly coming back from the winter break but I might send them an email if I don't see any update in the next few weeks. 

What address did you send your transcript to to Dal? I feel like I may have made a mistake.

Edited by rinse-repeat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Busta
  • Applicant

I sent my transcripts (via mail) to the address listed below.

Dalhousie Law School 
6061 University Avenue 
Halifax, NS 
Canada B3H 4H9 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rinse-repeat
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, Busta said:

I sent my transcripts (via mail) to the address listed below.

Dalhousie Law School 
6061 University Avenue 
Halifax, NS 
Canada B3H 4H9 

 

Thank you! Just to clarify, you didn't include the room # or Weldon Law Building in the address like it shows on their contact page, and the transcript was received by them? (asking because I included that other info and it doesn't show as received yet)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Busta
  • Applicant

Nope, no room number. I'm not sure what school you attend but when I access my grades through UBC's Student Service Center website, it gives me the option to mail my transcripts with a bunch of pre-determined options as to where I want it to go. I simply selected "Dalhousie Law School" and it came up with the information I included above. Try not to stress too much, I assume they're just busy. Best of luck to you. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.