No File Updates since Nov. 30?

Latte_Specter14

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

So I applied to Dal on November 29, sent the transcript and application. However, my file has not been updated since November 30, and does not show that they've received my Transcript, LSAT, references, statement etc. I sent my references in mid-November before I had actually applied. Should I be concerned or is it normal to wait almost a month during the busy season? Wanted to make sure before following up. I got the confirmation email Dec. 2 that they had received my application. Any thoughts appreciated! 🙂

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit

5 hours ago, Latte_Specter14 said:

So I applied to Dal on November 29, sent the transcript and application. However, my file has not been updated since November 30, and does not show that they've received my Transcript, LSAT, references, statement etc. I sent my references in mid-November before I had actually applied. Should I be concerned or is it normal to wait almost a month during the busy season? Wanted to make sure before following up. I got the confirmation email Dec. 2 that they had received my application. Any thoughts appreciated! 🙂

I'm in the same boat as you (sending references in mid-November before submitting and everything!) but their automatic email response now says to allow for an additional 4 weeks (on top of the original 2-3 week timeline) before document statuses are updated. I guess that means things should be updated by or around mid-January.

• Like 2

Vegantoady
  • Law School Admit

I applied in September and my referees submitted very close to the deadline - took till Nov. 25 and Dec. 10 for my reference letters to show as received. No updates since!

LSAT 164 & L2 ~3.9.

😮

Edited by Vegantoady

• 2 weeks later...
rinse-repeat
  • Law Student

In the same boat, applied Nov. 30. I'm sure they are very busy, but I am a little paranoid that I sent my transcript (by mail) to the wrong address. Did anyone send docs to their physical address and receive confirmation of receipt?

Busta
  • Law Student

I sent my transcript (by mail) in late October and it was received by Dal in early November. I recently submitted my updated transcript with fall grades to all the schools I applied too but Dal (and Dal alone) has yet to acknowledge it/update my file. I assume they're just super busy and slowly coming back from the winter break but I might send them an email if I don't see any update in the next few weeks. 

rinse-repeat
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Busta said:

I sent my transcript (by mail) in late October and it was received by Dal in early November. I recently submitted my updated transcript with fall grades to all the schools I applied too but Dal (and Dal alone) has yet to acknowledge it/update my file. I assume they're just super busy and slowly coming back from the winter break but I might send them an email if I don't see any update in the next few weeks. 

What address did you send your transcript to to Dal? I feel like I may have made a mistake.

Edited by rinse-repeat

Busta
  • Law Student

I sent my transcripts (via mail) to the address listed below.

Dalhousie Law School 
6061 University Avenue 
Halifax, NS 
Canada B3H 4H9 

• Thanks 1

rinse-repeat
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, Busta said:

I sent my transcripts (via mail) to the address listed below.

Dalhousie Law School 
6061 University Avenue 
Halifax, NS 
Canada B3H 4H9 

Thank you! Just to clarify, you didn't include the room # or Weldon Law Building in the address like it shows on their contact page, and the transcript was received by them? (asking because I included that other info and it doesn't show as received yet)

Busta
  • Law Student

Nope, no room number. I'm not sure what school you attend but when I access my grades through UBC's Student Service Center website, it gives me the option to mail my transcripts with a bunch of pre-determined options as to where I want it to go. I simply selected "Dalhousie Law School" and it came up with the information I included above. Try not to stress too much, I assume they're just busy. Best of luck to you. 

• Thanks 1

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit
On 12/31/2021 at 6:52 PM, bigdog said:

Same on my end. Everything in week before deadline, still nothing except for transcript confirmation

Same for me too

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit

Update: All my documents were updated some time this afternoon! Took about 6 weeks, including the winter break. Hope this helps settle some nerves 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

Update: Same as above! January 20th everything was updated.. fingers crossed for everyone! 🙂 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

I just received an email acknowledging my app is under review even though all my materials were sent in early Nov. It literally took them three months to get to that step. Well, I actually emailed them last Dec to ask my status but never got a reply. Dal seems pretty unorganized this cycle.

• Sad 1