Entrance Awards/Merit Scholarships

Darthvader

Darthvader
  • Applicant

How to get an entrance award/scholarship at schools such as Osgoode/Western/Queens - is LSAT given more preference or GPA? 

• 3 weeks later...
Dnian
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if these entrance scholarships are conveyed with admission, or only later? I got into Osgoode and Queens back in the first week of admits, with stats well above their medians, and was hopeful for something but just got a standard admission letter. It would really make the difference for me if one of the two of them were to offer something..

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student
45 minutes ago, Dnian said:

Does anyone know if these entrance scholarships are conveyed with admission, or only later? I got into Osgoode and Queens back in the first week of admits, with stats well above their medians, and was hopeful for something but just got a standard admission letter. It would really make the difference for me if one of the two of them were to offer something..

They're usually given after you've been admitted

• Like 1

BuckDancer
  • Lawyer

In my experience it can happen when you've been offered admission and also after you have already accepted. I was offered scholarships by Osgoode after I was offered a spot but before I accepted (I ultimately declined). I was given a scholarship by U of T after I accepted. I think in general scholarship timing is fluid because they are likely being used to entice candidates to accept their offers. 

• 4 weeks later...
Dnian
  • Law Student

Update for anyone reading this thread in posterity: I recently received my entrance scholarship offer to Osgoode two months after I was accepted, so yes, that is normal. 🙂

Edited by Dnian