LSO Licensing Process Step II

ICook

I sent in my part II application for licensing back in October 2021 but had no action on my LSO account. 

When should I be worried and reach out to see if they received my files? I sent a tracking package and saw that they received it but have no updates on my online account. 

Did people get receipts or any messages confirming the status on their process? 

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

I don’t have any real feedback for you, but if it helps, I haven’t heard anything either. 

I'm trying to remember if I ever received anything last year, and I don't believe I did. 

I just sent anything I had to send to the LSO by registered mail, tracked the package to see that it was delivered, and was done with it.  They aren't the best at communicating unless they're asking for something, which is usually money.  

• Like 1

Kid Presentable

You can see on the LSO site whether your documents have been received/approved—check "My Submitted Documents" on the left-hand panel. I also got a message a couple weeks ago saying my application was received and processed.

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer
On 1/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, Kid Presentable said:

You can see on the LSO site whether your documents have been received/approved—check "My Submitted Documents" on the left-hand panel. I also got a message a couple weeks ago saying my application was received and processed.

Interesting. That section is completely blank for me, even though I hand-delivered my physical application. I submitted my physical application very last minute, though, so maybe it's based on date received.

QMT20
  • Lawyer
25 minutes ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Interesting. That section is completely blank for me, even though I hand-delivered my physical application. I submitted my physical application very last minute, though, so maybe it's based on date received.

It's not based on anything. I hand delivered my physical application within the first week that they started receiving them last year. I was the last person to hear back out of all my friends going through the process. I don't think they confirmed receipt of my application until mid-late January and I legitimately thought they lost it. The order they confirmed receipt for my friends was also pretty random in relation to when they submitted. 

• Like 1

newbiecat
  • Articling Student

Fitting, given my name, but I am seriously noob'd out given what you all are discussing. Is this for the administrative call to the bar?

goosie
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, Shoober said:

Anyone still waiting to hear back with confirmation of receipt of part 2 of the application?

I'm still waiting as well after delivering my application in person in the first week of November. I did send a message after some of my friends who submitted after me got confirmation. The LSO replied that all applications will be reviewed and processed by end of January, and that you'll get confirmation once your application is processed.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, newbiecat said:

Fitting, given my name, but I am seriously noob'd out given what you all are discussing. Is this for the administrative call to the bar?

No, this is for the paper copy of the licensing application.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

My portal was updated today, shows everything was received and approved. Interestingly, it shows that my passport photo was just received, but no indication of late fees or anything so all seems good. Looks like the end of January expectation came through.

goosie
  • Lawyer
On 1/27/2022 at 5:55 PM, TobyFlenderson said:

My portal was updated today, shows everything was received and approved. Interestingly, it shows that my passport photo was just received, but no indication of late fees or anything so all seems good. Looks like the end of January expectation came through.

Same here, mine was updated on Friday (and passport photo also says received on Friday with no late fees).

Just FYI for anyone still waiting, I didn't get a message or any email, so you might want to just check the portal to see if there's anything under My Submitted Documents.