Are IB Transfer Credits Included in Drops?

karatelaw1
  • Law School Admit

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if IB Transfer Credits count towards/are included in the 12 dropped credits?

I looked on the "Estimating your Admissions GPA page" and found this "*Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) grades are not to be considered in the calculation of your GPA, but do count toward your credit requirements." So my understanding of this is, the transfer credits count towards the 90 credit requirement, but from the "not to be considered in the calculation of your GPA" part, I am assuming they do not count towards the 12 credit drops? Anyone been through a similar situation and knows the answer? Thanks in advance!

Edited by karatelaw1

hdawg
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, karatelaw1 said:

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if IB Transfer Credits count towards/are included in the 12 dropped credits?

I looked on the "Estimating your Admissions GPA page" and found this "*Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) grades are not to be considered in the calculation of your GPA, but do count toward your credit requirements." So my understanding of this is, the transfer credits count towards the 90 credit requirement, but from the "not to be considered in the calculation of your GPA" part, I am assuming they do not count towards the 12 credit drops? Anyone been through a similar situation and knows the answer? Thanks in advance!

I don't believe they are a part of your drops. I had a couple of AP Credits and when I talked with admissions officers they still said I would get 12 Credits of Drops. 

• Like 1

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, karatelaw1 said:

Not in that situation but seems to be right. They seem to be freebie electives in a sense. They count but have no worth. So your lowest post secondary grades will be dropped 

• Like 1