COURSE AUX STAGES 2022

law.can

materialgirl
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, udem2712 said:

Des nouvelles de Fasken après les 2e entrevues qui ont eu lieu aujourd'hui ? 

J'ai eu ma deuxième entrevue vers 10h30 hier et on m'a rappelé vers 16h le jour même 🙂

Edited by materialgirl
  • Like 1

4.3GPA
  • Articling Student
13 minutes ago, Pearson Specter Litt said:

Des nouvelles de Miller Thomson après la deuxième entrevue?

Still waiting après ma 2e entrevue hier!

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student

Has anyone done a second interview at IMK and gotten a callback from the firm afterwards? I had mine yesterday. 

Although I remember they said that there are no other interviews/activities left before offer(s) come out on Thursday. 

Edited by Régis Lateur

mcgill99
  • Law Student

Does McMillan invite every student to their final event Thursday morning? Just wondering what to expect at the event !

Pearson Specter Litt
  • Law Student
31 minutes ago, 4.3GPA said:

Still waiting après ma 2e entrevue hier!

Same here

Législateurxox
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Est-ce que Langlois, LRMM et TCJ assigne des buddies après les 2e entrevues? 

Langlois oui!

• Like 1

udem2712
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, mcgill99 said:

Does McMillan invite every student to their final event Thursday morning? Just wondering what to expect at the event !

When/how did you get an invite? My second interview is tomorrow and I didnt get any email or call abt the event on thursday

LawG2022
  • Law Student

Est-ce qqn sait si Bélanger Sauvé fait quelque chose après la deuxième entrevue (cocktail ou autre)? 

Législateurxox
  • Law Student
41 minutes ago, mcgill99 said:

De ce que j'ai compris, oui c'est toutes les personnes qui ont passé en 2e entrevue qui seront invités

• Like 1

LLP_second
  • Law Student

I received an invite link to Norton rose q and a event but haven’t received a call letting me know if I’m at final round. What should I do?

LexLata
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, LLP_second said:

I received an invite link to Norton rose q and a event but haven’t received a call letting me know if I’m at final round. What should I do?

''Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might-have been.'' -- Arthur Ransome

• LOL 1

LLP_second
  • Law Student
Just now, LexLata said:

''Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might-have been.'' -- Arthur Ransome

Do you think I should email them?

LexLata
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, LLP_second said:

Do you think I should email them?

I would honestly just show up given you did get the invite. It's an opportunity.

If you weren't meant to be invited: it's an opportunity to change the minds of some decision makers that would have rejected you after the 2nd interview, and if some people don't show up, it's a way to improve your ranking.

If you were meant to be invited: you solidify your place by being present and also showing interest.

lawteresting
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, LexLata said:

I would honestly just show up given you did get the invite. It's an opportunity.

If you weren't meant to be invited: it's an opportunity to change the minds of some decision makers that would have rejected you after the 2nd interview, and if some people don't show up, it's a way to improve your ranking.

If you were meant to be invited: you solidify your place by being present and also showing interest.

Bad idea.. I know a girl that did the same last year and it was badly received 😕

LexLata
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, lawteresting said:

Bad idea.. I know a girl that did the same last year and it was badly received 😕

Oh no :(.

It's so weird, as one can perceive it as bold and someone being a go-getter (much like this process seems to be aiming for with the expectation of how much students should network) -- granted there was an invite sent, and then someone else sees it as negative despite the invite being sent.

Which firm was this at?

@LLP_second -- Perhaps emailing or calling the person that sent out the email would be best given this past experience.

lawteresting
  • Law Student
8 minutes ago, LexLata said:

Oh no :(.

It's so weird, as one can perceive it as bold and someone being a go-getter (much like this process seems to be aiming for with the expectation of how much students should network) -- granted there was an invite sent, and then someone else sees it as negative despite the invite being sent.

Which firm was this at?

@LLP_second -- Perhaps emailing or calling the person that sent out the email would be best given this past experience.

It was for Norton, exactly the same situation as she described. I think the are having a lot of issues with their emailing system.. I would advise you to send an email or call, but never show up without having a direct invitation, we never know!

• Hugs 1

1976 Debentureholder no 5
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Régis Lateur said:

Has anyone done a second interview at IMK and gotten a callback from the firm afterwards? I had mine yesterday. 

Although I remember they said that there are no other interviews/activities left before offer(s) come out on Thursday. 

I was also told during my tour of the office that there were no further activities before offers, and haven't heard anything since then. My interview was late morning, no idea if that matters.

• Thanks 1

Vavilov
  • Articling Student

@woods gang

Keep me posted on when they start calling for round 3 👀

Edited by Vavilov

udem2712
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Udem3456 said:

Des nouvelles de BCF? Quelqu'un sait c'est quand qu'ils appellent?

moi aucune nouvelle de BCF depuis ma deuxième entrevue hier en PM, est-ce que tu sais si il y a un round 3 genre un cocktail ou une activité? 

UDM12345
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, LawG2022 said:

Est-ce qqn sait si Bélanger Sauvé fait quelque chose après la deuxième entrevue (cocktail ou autre)? 

Ils font rien! Ils m'ont dit d'attendre les offres vendredi!

• Like 1

Droit690
  • Law Student
17 minutes ago, udem2712 said:

moi aucune nouvelle de BCF depuis ma deuxième entrevue hier en PM, est-ce que tu sais si il y a un round 3 genre un cocktail ou une activité? 

Il y a un cocktail demain soir cela étant je ne sais pas si c’est pour Québec et Montréal ou l’un des deux seulement!