COURSE AUX STAGES 2022

law.can

udem2712
  • Law Student
Just now, Droit690 said:

Il y a un cocktail demain soir cela étant je ne sais pas si c’est pour Québec et Montréal ou l’un des deux seulement!

Toi tu as entendu ça de Québec ou de Montréal? moi je suis à MTL

Droit690
  • Law Student
42 minutes ago, udem2712 said:

Toi tu as entendu ça de Québec ou de Montréal? moi je suis à MTL

À Québec! Dans notre lien de deuxième entrevue on avait déjà un lien pour un cocktail!

• Like 1

busyasabee
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Harvey06 said:

Quelqu’un a eu des nouvelles de Cain Montréal à la suite de la 2e entrevue ? 

J’ai eu un appel ce matin!

Bonjour, concernant Miller Thomson, est-ce que tout le monde a reçu suite à leur 2e entrevue un lien pour le cocktail de demain soir ?

4.3GPA
  • Articling Student
28 minutes ago, Droit1234 said:

Bonjour, concernant Miller Thomson, est-ce que tout le monde a reçu suite à leur 2e entrevue un lien pour le cocktail de demain soir ?

Je crois que oui, je ne sens pas qu'il y a des coupures...

LawG2022
  • Law Student

What happens if we receive more than one offer on Friday morning? Do we have a chance to review both contracts before giving our final answer?

• Hugs 1

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student
47 minutes ago, LawG2022 said:

What happens if we receive more than one offer on Friday morning? Do we have a chance to review both contracts before giving our final answer?

Paragraph 3(f) of the Entente de recrutement : « toute offre d'embauche formulée devra rester valide entre 9 heures et 13 heures le vendredi 25 mars 2022, et ne saurait être retirée avant l'expiration de ce délai ». 

So yes, you may take some time to make your decision. But I don't think you have the opportunity to review the contracts before accepting or refusing an offer. 

• Like 1

legallyblondie_udem
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Vavilov said:

@woods gang

Keep me posted on when they start calling for round 3 👀

interview was at 3:00pm, got a call at 5:00pm!

• Like 1

Droit690
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, LLP_second said:

How would you guys go about balancing 2 final events at the same day/time?

Always depends of your priorities and the schedule but on my part I will attend more than one event per night! If the events are 2 hours long, I will go to only the first hour somewhere and second hour somewhere else! But always depends on your priorities, I would do that only to the places that you really have and interest!

LAWachiever
  • Law Student

For students with a big interest for corp but who are also looking for a firm with a good culture, what would be your fist choice and why?! 

LLP_second
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, Droit690 said:

Always depends of your priorities and the schedule but on my part I will attend more than one event per night! If the events are 2 hours long, I will go to only the first hour somewhere and second hour somewhere else! But always depends on your priorities, I would do that only to the places that you really have and interest!

This could come across as not being interested in both firms…

• Like 2

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, LLP_second said:

This could come across as not being interested in both firms…

I 100% agree. You gotta make a choice to go to one or the other. Just know that you definitely won't get an offer from the firm whose final event you didn't attend. So choose wisely. 

Edited by Régis Lateur

WestCoastQuebecker
  • Law Student
23 hours ago, Lawgirl99 said:

Did anyone hear back from miller or novalex after the second interview?

I did not hear back from NovaLex after my second interview which was yesterday but they did say they would still be interviewing today + I had a discussion with another lawyer from the firm today and (s)he confirmed that Mes Hillier, Tremblay and Tremblay were still doing interviews. 

They also called me later than announced for my second interview.

So I wouldn’t worry!

Law19
  • Law Student

People who had a second interview with McMillan, did they contact you after the interview (to schedule a virtual conversations with their lawyers, etc)?

legallyblondie_udem
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, udem2712 said:

Any news BCF Montréal depuis la deuxième entrevue?

BCF contacts the candidates they are most interested in for 1/1 meetings!

Woods people 🙂 after 3rd round - have you been invited to a cocktail?

Edited by legallyblondie_udem
  • Like 1

mcgill99
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Law19 said:

People who had a second interview with McMillan, did they contact you after the interview (to schedule a virtual conversations with their lawyers, etc)?

I was simply invited to their final event tomorrow morning, which they seemed to explain was an event for that exact purpose i.e. to meet and chat with other lawyers of the firm to get to know them better. 

• Thanks 1

Droit690
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Régis Lateur said:

I 100% agree. You gotta make a choice to go to one or the other. Just know that you definitely won't get an offer from the firm whose final event you didn't attend. So choose wisely. 

Like I said it definitely depends of your interest! If your #1 and your last are at the same time, it’s easy! But from my experience, the firms do understand that there are a lot of events. I don’t recommend doing 15 minutes at each but if the events are 2 hours, you can definitely afford to do 1 hour each, but you do as you want, whatever works for you! Always depends how you explain it also, but it never was a problem for me

• Like 1

bureau en coin
  • Law Student

Ma deuxième entrevue chez de Grandpré Chait était de 25 min.

C'est de mauvais augure pour la suite right?

Edited by bureau en coin